• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jack Van Imple

• Members

I use to watch his television series, would there be anymore TV evangelist like him. 

Jack Leo Van Impe was an American televangelist known for his half-hour weekly television series Jack Van Impe Presents, an eschatological commentary on the news of the week through an interpretation of the Bible. The program airs around the world through both religious broadcasters and the purchase of paid programming time on commercial television stations. He was known as the "Walking Bible", having memorized most of the King James Version of the Bible.[2] His wife, Rexella, shared his television ministry as co-host.

Bible GIF by GlorifyApp

• Members

We watched JVI occasionally, but I never really was fond of his ministry. Something about him and his wife hit me wrong. I'm not saying there wasn't some good that came out of his ministry, but, I am saying I stayed away from him as much as possible. 

• Members
21 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

We watched JVI occasionally, but I never really was fond of his ministry. Something about him and his wife hit me wrong. I'm not saying there wasn't some good that came out of his ministry, but, I am saying I stayed away from him as much as possible. 

He was, and he did his duty. But like many men of God, starting well, but selling DVD's Books and videos slow men of God down. Life style change

• Administrators

Actually, there were other reasons besides making money (selling DVDs, books, videos) that contributed to his change.

I remember as a teen hearing him preach - the kids in our school were amazed at how much Bible he knew. We were able to go to a meeting (driving from WV to PA) with a school group. Everyone was   impressed with his memorization prowess.  He was a good speaker, then, too. I can't say I remember what he preached then, though.

As time went on, he felt that he had been betrayed by IFB (because he wanted to compromise and preach to anyone, regardless of belief). He ended up embracing Catholicism - not as his new belief, but almost endorsing it.

Sad, indeed.

Perhaps Today...still holds true.

• Members

Yes, he actually promoted visions of Mary in his videos once he accepted them as our brethren.

Funny, how with all he memorized, he stopped applying it! Many passages, such as Psalm 1 and 2 Corinthians 6, teach us to separate from false teachers, false brethren, those who corrupt or mock the Word of God. If he obeyed the verses he had memorized, he would never have gone down that ecumenical road.