• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Becoming a non-denominational preacher

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Behold,

• Members
On 3/11/2024 at 5:14 PM, Behold said:

Hey Jerry,

thanks for your post.

I'd like for you to see it though my perspective.

First, did you notice that Paul the Apostle, never had a church home?  He only planted them and went back to water them.

And did you ever realize that..,..

1) .God Makes Christians

2.) Man makes Denominations.

3.) Cults make cult members (Calvin makes Calvinist's)

Those are not the same thing.

So, is it good to be planted in a Local Church.

Of course. and i would tell anyone in the States,  that they should find a good  KJV Bible Believing Church, and if not that, then at least one that KNOWS and preaches that the Bible is the Final authority., Not the Paster, or the Pope.

And it is a fact that a new Christian, just born again, at the "alter" has no idea if they are in a cult, as they have no way to know this yet.

And its a difficult situation to get to the revelation that Paul is our Teacher, and then discover that your Pastor, Pope, Minister, is not a student of Paul

As if you are not a devoted and devout student of Paul's doctrine, all your Christian life, then that is because you are in the wrong Church..listening to the wrong pastor. and thats a fact.

Non denominations is cool today?  Baptist is kinda old fashion. I rather be old fashion than cool, where any bible goes and come as you are is first, we use to do this in my other church. Can we do it here in this church? Sure, we don’t have any strict rules here. 😇we are nondenominational 

• Members

I am an Independent Fundamental Baptist - because I see that in the Scriptures. In light of this, to be any other kind of preacher would be to compromise and water down the truth.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Non denominations is cool today?  Baptist is kinda old fashion. I rather be old fashion than cool, where any bible goes and come as you are is first, we use to do this in my other church. Can we do it here in this church? Sure, we don’t have any strict rules here. 😇we are nondenominational 

Churches can use "rules" as a guise for totalitarian control of people's lives. Let's let the Holy Spirit be the one who does the changing in people's hearts and minds, which will lead to changes in appearance for people as they are convicted. I would rather have someone coming to hear the Word of God in those designer, ripped jeans, skinny jeans and "wife beater" t-shirts and growing in the Lord, sharing the Gospel and contributing in kingdom building than to have a thousand people in three pieces suits and/or dresses down to their knees, being lackluster and lazy, contributing nothing and complaining about everything.