• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Replacement

John81

• Members

​I suspect the distinction comes from the fact that, at the time, there was still a lot of confusion, with the two coming together so recently. With the Judaizers, there was a lot of confusion, too. Maybe that's why the distinction.

​Perhaps...or perhaps it was so Gentile believers wouldn't identify themselves as Israel, and Jewish believers wouldn't identify themselves as Gentiles. :nuts:

• Members

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Sounds like saved people to me. What makes the difference in what you are saying? 

Its talking about those who are of Israel who became Christians. Exactly what I believe. The scriptures say they will be brought together again, in Christ.

• Members

​The whole point being made here, is that in Christ, Jew and gentile are one, or more specifically, they are NEITHER Jew nor Gentile, but one as Christians, as Believers. The Jew and gentile refer more to a temporal aspect of being, to the old man, while Christian, believer, Child of God, these are permanent, eternal states of being, as it were. Jews have gone from being Jews to being Christians; Gentiles have gone from being Gentiles to being Christians. One hasn't joined the other side, we have BOTH joined a different and eternal side, a side that rejects BOTH the other sides for something better.

The really funny thing about this is that it is CLEARY not what some here have been promoting.

For instance those who use the terms "church" and "Israel" interchangably.