• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

On One Of Them Most Holy Days...

2bLikeJesus

• Members

Of course. Always excuses. You got your excuses from the comments section. At least try to be original.

Mark Reynolds is the strike out king. I mean that literally too. He holds the record for most strikeouts in a single season breaking the previous record which he owned. Yet he had no prOBlem hitting the grasshopper ball.

Actually, I didn't even look at the comments.

And his hitting style is fine for a medium pace bowler who is bowling too short.

I bowled leg spin - I would go right around him. (But he would also hit me around a bit - I wasn't fantastic)
And he would fail at the first yorka he met.
Let me see now - Allan Border could still hit more pitches than that nOBody cricketer..
Adam Gilchrist would have very little prOBlem hitting anything that anyone threw at him.
They are both retired now.

But seriously - you just said the batter is a star - the cricketer is absolutely a nOBody.
Everything else aside, how is that fair?

Let Brett Lee bowl at your bloke and see what happens.... 95mph inswinging at his feet.

Or Shane Warne - and Warne bowled slow - no more than 45mph.
But your bloke would not touch him, guaranteed. The best batsmen in world couldn't do much against him.

Nah - a fair comparison might be worth a look, but that was biased trash. ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I didn't even look at the comments.

And his hitting style is fine for a medium pace bowler who is bowling too short.

I bowled leg spin - I would go right around him. (But he would also hit me around a bit - I wasn't fantastic)
And he would fail at the first yorka he met.
Let me see now - Allan Border could still hit more pitches than that nOBody cricketer..
Adam Gilchrist would have very little prOBlem hitting anything that anyone threw at him.
They are both retired now.

But seriously - you just said the batter is a star - the cricketer is absolutely a nOBody.
Everything else aside, how is that fair?

Let Brett Lee bowl at your bloke and see what happens.... 95mph inswinging at his feet.

Or Shane Warne - and Warne bowled slow - no more than 45mph.
But your bloke would not touch him, guaranteed. The best batsmen in world couldn't do much against him.

Nah - a fair comparison might be worth a look, but that was biased trash. ;)

This would be me hitting one of your cricket bowls:

• Members

Some big hitting, but that's not cricket - that is the hit and giggle version that is specifically designed to give big hitting.

Have you ever played cricket?

I have played both baseball and cricket and maybe the hitting style suits me better but I am way better at baseball batting than cricket. I can't pitch worth a bowl nuts..... But I can bowl, medium pace and spin.

From my experience - first hand for both - cricket is harder, more taxing, and takes more skill.

so for me it would best to bowl cricket but hit baseball. :lol:

And by the way, only one guy on a cricket field is wimpy enough to need gloves to catch the ball. ;)

• Members
I don't know anything about cricket or baseball, but I remember reading a letter in a newspaper once which said that if a baseball pitcher was to aim at the batter's head or body with the OBvious intention of hitting and possibly injuring them, they would be immediately sent off, whereas in cricket such behaviour is, um, cricket.

Traditional cricket seems to be pretty much dead in the UK. It's very common in organisations/businesses/village halls etc to see a series of fading photos on a wall, depicting the cricket team every year up to about 1995. Where I work we recently found our cricket equipment at the back of the store room, untouched for years. I don't know what it's like to play, but who wants to watch a game where it takes 5 days to play a single match?

• Members

The only reason steroids or PED's are ever mentioned in baseball is because it is not "holy ground" here in the U.S. like football is.  Do you really think that not a single one of the behemoths in football has ever taken and is currently taking steroids or PED's?  I am surprised, by the looks of some of them, they don't have an I.V. tree following them around with a fast drip rate on for their roids.  It's just that no organization on this planet is more tight-lipped and secretive than the NFL, and you can't slight them in the least here in the U.S.

Bro. Garry

• Members

The only reason steroids or PED's are ever mentioned in baseball is because it is not "holy ground" here in the U.S. like football is.  Do you really think that not a single one of the behemoths in football has ever taken and is currently taking steroids or PED's?  I am surprised, by the looks of some of them, they don't have an I.V. tree following them around with a fast drip rate on for their roids.  It's just that no organization on this planet is more tight-lipped and secretive than the NFL, and you can't slight them in the least here in the U.S.

Bro. Garry

Did I seem to exclude football from my comments. If so it was not intended. My disdain for the NFL is even deeper and longer than that for MLB...and don't even get me started on the NBA.

Archived