• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sid Roth

John81

• Members

I watch his program every week.  I don't think he necessarily "agrees" with his guests, but he has a show to run.
He always promotes the sale of his "guests" literature regardless of their "position".  He is harmless if you are well grounded.

Most of Christian T.V. is worthless IMO, but that's nothing new.

• Members

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Members

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

...and fables are definitely what Sid and his guests espouse.

• Members

He may "appear" to be saved, but I have my doubts...especially when he starts teaching all his "meshuggie" doctrines.  He reminds me of Jan and Paul Crouch of TBN, agreeing with every false teacher that came on their show.

I agree with you, LindaR.  I don't believe that Sid Roth is saved.  In fact, I have only met one Messianic who is saved, and he was saved before he became a Messianic Jew.  In my opinion, Sid Roth's teachings are very far fetched.  He goes outside of what the Bible teaches.  I would call him a false teacher, who is leading many people astray.  Charasmatics really love the man, as they seek after the things Sid teaches on his show.

• Members

From what I've looked at, it seems the man is adding to the Word, promoting false teachings, and more concerned about entertaining and tickling those itching ears that biblical truth.

I've not known many Jews, saved or otherwise, but the few I've known who gave a sound testimony of salvation and their lives seemed to indicate such, fully embraced the Christian faith and wanted no part of those Jewish groups which claim to believe in Christ yet still hold to various Jewish rituals and such.

The few Messianic Jews (I think that's what they called themselves, or something similar) I encountered seemed far more interested in keeping Jewish traditions and elements from the Old Covenant than they did in following Christ. I'm not positive, but it also seemed they kind of looked down on Christians who didn't keep Jewish traditions and rituals.

• Members

From what I've looked at, it seems the man is adding to the Word, promoting false teachings, and more concerned about entertaining and tickling those itching ears that biblical truth.

I've not known many Jews, saved or otherwise, but the few I've known who gave a sound testimony of salvation and their lives seemed to indicate such, fully embraced the Christian faith and wanted no part of those Jewish groups which claim to believe in Christ yet still hold to various Jewish rituals and such.

The few Messianic Jews (I think that's what they called themselves, or something similar) I encountered seemed far more interested in keeping Jewish traditions and elements from the Old Covenant than they did in following Christ. I'm not positive, but it also seemed they kind of looked down on Christians who didn't keep Jewish traditions and rituals.

Oh, yes... Sid Roth is also entertaining, as you stated, John. 

The saved Jews that I know, stick with the Bible and add nothing else to it.  Messianic Jews are more concerned with playing Jewish dress up.  They love to participate in Jewish holidays.  They believe this sets them apart from being "Gentile."  Most Messianic Jews aren't Jewish, but the ones that are... make a beeline towards the door in about 3 years, at most.  They go to Synangogue or Shul and embrace Judaism to it's fullest. 

You are correct.  The Messianic Jews, that I know, do look down on Christians and also proselytize Christians, saying Jesus means "Zeus" and Christians must call Jesus, Yeshua.

Statistics show that Jews are not won to Christ by Messianics, who aren't even saved.  Born again Christians win Jews to the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Archived