• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jesus A Sinner If...

John81

• Members

I think the point the Catholics are trying to make is that Jesus wouldn't sin (being God) and therefore had to choose someone other than a younger sibling to fulfill the responsibility because he had no siblings (Mary ever Virgin and all that rot).

Speaking of the Queen of Heaven heresy, I brought out tonight that the wise men (when they came into the house and saw the young child and Mary -- no stable, manger or infant to be seen) worshiped HIM not them nor Him through her!!

Exactly!  Why didn't the wise men worship Mary?  After all, they knew the prophecy that a "virgin" would conceive and bear a child.  And here they were, in the presence of this woman who "knew no man" and seeing that that prophecy given in 735 B.C., had been fulfilled.

Yet, no mention of them worshiping Mary at all.  And for good reason....

They were WISE.

• Members

I appreciate the input. Hopefully everyone realizes I don't hold to their unbiblical views, but was only searching to see if anyone had something to put forth I've not already considered.

For the most part, those who espouse such things are not interested in truth, just pushing their viewpoints on others. When one points out Scripture speaks of Jesus' brothers and sisters, they always claim that's a wrong translation/interpretation of the original Greek, which they say actually means cousins.

Oh no...I understood what you were saying, and I didn't think you held those views.

As far as the brothers and sisters meaning "cousins", I have no clue where they're getting that from, unless they are using a Westcott/Hort Greek translation.  I don't know what those Greek words say, but I can show what the Textus Receptus says...

Matthew 13:55-56
55   Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56   And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

brethren -
ἀδελφός adelphos (ad-el-fos') n.
1. a brother
2. (of faith) a brother in our Lord, Jesus

sisters - 
ἀδελφή adelphe (ad-el-fay') n.
1. a sister
2. (of faith) a sister in our Lord, Jesus

Nothing in either one means cousin.

Speaking of cousins...

Luke 1:36
And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

cousin - 
συγγενής suggenes (soong-ghen-ace') adj.
1. a relative, a kinsman (by blood)
2. (by extension) a fellow countryman
3. (by hebrew analogy) a kinsman redeemer

• Members

I came across some Catholics and Jews arguing that if Jesus had brothers then He sinned in giving His mother into the care of someone outside the family. They claim no Jew would commit such a dishonor, which they say would be a sin violating the 4th commandment.

If a Roman Catholic is talking about the 4th commandement, they are saying it is "Honor Thy Father and Mother."  They have the 10 commandments wrong b/c the Vatican took out the one on worshipping idols. 

A born again Christian will go round and round with a Jew on Jesus Christ.  That is a given.  Also, Roman Catholics are bonding with Jews, and many in the RCC are or have converted to Judaism, as well.

• Members

If a Roman Catholic is talking about the 4th commandement, they are saying it is "Honor Thy Father and Mother."  They have the 10 commandments wrong b/c the Vatican took out the one on worshipping idols. 

Ohhhh...so that's why John81 said it was violating the 4th commandment...I thought he accidentally put 4th instead of 5th.  I guess they would take out the one about worshipping idols since that's a major part of their religion...how sad.

• Members

Ohhhh...so that's why John81 said it was violating the 4th commandment...I thought he accidentally put 4th instead of 5th.  I guess they would take out the one about worshipping idols since that's a major part of their religion...how sad.

Yep, NN.  I grew up in the RCC, so I know what their commandments are.  Yes, idol worshipping is a huge part of the religion of the RCC.  Very sad!

• Members

...and haven't heard a response that at least causes them to think over the matter, if not accept the truth.

They don't want to hear it.  They cannot understand it.  The Bible says Jesus never sinned and they refuse to accept God's Word.  Catholics and the like can never understand these things because the bible says they are spiritually discerned.

Archived