• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dirty Laundry Goes Here....

The Glory Land

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Anyone ever have to help a livestock animal give birth? get that hand waaay up there? Yecch! I had to learn it alone when my wife was off helping her mother, who had broken her hip. Had to pull about three babies that week, and one, we lost two because one has died and wrapped around the other. That produced some dirty laundry, to be sure, but we did save the mother, though I had been in doubt.

And of course, I feel sorry for the goats, because my hands are like hams! But, if they can push out a 12 pound baby goat, I guess my hand isn't going to cause them much discomfort.

• Moderators

Anyone ever have to help a livestock animal give birth? get that hand waaay up there? Yecch! I had to learn it alone when my wife was off helping her mother, who had broken her hip. Had to pull about three babies that week, and one, we lost two because one has died and wrapped around the other. That produced some dirty laundry, to be sure, but we did save the mother, though I had been in doubt.

And of course, I feel sorry for the goats, because my hands are like hams! But, if they can push out a 12 pound baby goat, I guess my hand isn't going to cause them much discomfort.

yep, been there

• Members

What is bad is when you have to cut a baby calf into many pieces to get it out, at times that happens. My neighbor had that happen several times one year, they were all heifers having their 1st calf.

One year my son-in-law went into the cattle business, he bought about 20 read heifers, he lost over half of them giving birth, they had been bred to the wrong bull, & the calves were to large. He lost money big time, yet he learned an important lesson.

Archived