• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible Institute Curriculum - Bible Baptist Church, Oak Harbor, Wa - Pastor Sargent

1611mac

• Moderators

He's a good man, good preacher, faithful.
Don't agree with everything but they have some very good resources

I agree, but still way too shallow for even the adult S.S class unless you're chock full of young Christians.

Or maybe the term I'm looking for is that it's not extensive enough.

• Members

Not disputing you, just adding.

Some of his stuff is quite extensive by the way. I am not acquainted with the Bible institute material specifically, but I am with the man.
We have a few booklets available in our church which are simple explanations of a few issues. Good for visitors but fairly light. But I have some other stuff of his which is good and more meaty.

He has quite a large range of material which he has produced.

And he's an Aussie ;)

• Members

Shallower than I teach in Bible Institute, I've used it in an intermediate depth Sunday School (with modifications). The closer to BBF you are the less you'll feel the need to modify.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the BBF comment?

• Moderators

Could you elaborate a bit more on the BBF comment?

Most of the time, nobody will find someone else's written material they feel unnecessary to alter.

If being used by the pastors on here, some would modify the area on giving, some would modify on baptism, some on the beginning of the church.

If you are in predominate agreement  with most BBF churches or BBC you will make the least number of changes.

Make sense?

• Members

Sure. I thought maybe you were referring to something in particular.  Thanks for the info.   

Pricing is strange. $64 for the 4 print books but $215 for pdf downloads?????  That makes no sense!

• Members

Is the pdf thing a reproduction licence maybe?

I didn't see anything about a reproduction license or anything like that.. but in thinking about it - it is probably due to people buying a single copy and then illegally duplicating the files for a class.  I know that's pretty common. I create/convert ebooks for pastors and ministries and their primary concern is the stealing of their materials via duplicated pdf files.  That's a shame for people who want a single personal copy as would be my choice. I'm converting all of my personal library to eBook format (epub.)

• Members

Most of the time, nobody will find someone else's written material they feel unnecessary to alter.

If being used by the pastors on here, some would modify the area on giving, some would modify on baptism, some on the beginning of the church.

If you are in predominate agreement  with most BBF churches or BBC you will make the least number of changes.

Make sense?

NO- People please don't use acronyms when no one else knows what they are!

In your first post using an acronym put in quotations saying what it stands for! From then on readers will be able to refer to your original post for what it stands for.

• Moderators

Make sense?

NO- People please don't use acronyms when no one else knows what they are!

In your first post using an acronym put in quotations saying what it stands for! From then on readers will be able to refer to your original post for what it stands for.

Sorry (incidentally though obviously not all knew -- many, if not most, did).

BBF = Bible Baptist Fellowship    BBC = Bible Baptist College (context of subject matter kept it from being British Broadcasting Corporation)

Archived