• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Will It Be A Hot One; & Maybe A Dry One ? ? ?

• Members

It always tickles me when I hear its going to be a hot one, & or its going to be a cold one!

As last fall was progressing Western Auto had an advertising in our local paper, it stated, "Its going to be a cold one, get ready early for the very cold winter that's coming, come in an buy your new space heater." It was not a cold one, it was quite mild!

• Administrators

Summer always gets hot here in NWI. At least during parts of it. And the humidity - oy! Today it's going to get up into the 90's. That may not sound too hot for some, but consider that it's only May. And that the higher the temp, the higher the humidity here in this grand state. So, UGH! It's going to remain in the 90's for several days. With no rain. *sigh*

Thankfully, my hubby is in the process at this moment of installing our air conditioner. We only use a window unit, but it's a large one; our house is small, so it cools the whole house. He's such a good guy. :smiley_wedding:

• Members

We have a heat pump, this winter our outside unit went out, & it seemed to heat our house up better, so maybe not running in reveres to heat, it will cool a bit better than the old one. Seems our electric bill was down just a bit too.

Seems we will give it a good work out this year.

In older age past 65, seems the heat bothers me big time.

Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

Hot & humid already. Also getting quite dry.

For some people, as they get older, in hot weather its a bit harder to breath.

Talk to a fellow the other day that said he kept his bedroom 63º in the summer, & if his AC would keep it any cooler, he would. That would make me shiver, & I would not be able to pay the electric bill.

• Members

We don't have air conditioning except in the car and we don't use that often, mainly during the season when the oil seed rape is in flower, and the AC filters that pollen out.