• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

FHA Home loans

• Members

I have no idea, but I feel sure I could never get a loan. I have no credit, no credit cards, no car loans, never been bankrupt, never missed a payment, I feel sure they would count me as a bad risk even though I could get several people & even several businesses swear that I would repay any money that I might borrow..

You might check this out & get some answers.

• Members

Are they just covering all the bases to make sure your health won't jeopardise your ability to pay back the loan? Just guessing.
Twenty six years ago, about a year after my wife and I married, we purchased 20 acres of land @ $200/month. When we wanted to build a house, we checked into an FHA loan. We had heard horror stories about FHA and decided we would build a house ourselves.We framed it, insulated it, decked, sided and roofed it, set the trusses windows, doors...everything but the plumbing and electrical rough-in we did ourselves. It took several years to scrape the money together and alot of hours of labor, but we finally got the house finished and didn't owe a dime on it. But when we started our business about 18 years ago, we found that it was easier to pay for our supplies, over the phone, with a credit card. We obtained a Discover card which pays cash back, but always paid the balance at the end of the month, just like you pay your power bill. No different. I couldn't tell you how many hundreds of dollars we made off that card and today our credit is excellent. Good credit can even make your insurance rates lower. Mine are. Pay your bills on time and watch your spending, Double up on your payments, if you can, on the FRONT END of the loan and you will save huge on interest.

Let me add. I wouldn't advise everyone to go out and get a credit card. It worked for us because it was a more convenient way to handle the purchasing for our business and we disciplined ourselves to pay the full balance at the end of each month.

Edited by heartstrings