• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Has anyone bought jewelry via the Web?

farouk

• Members

PS; The thing I am thinking about; there is maybe the matter of getting money back if the person for whom the gift is intended doesn't really like it, or if what arrives isn't according to specification. So I wonder if anyone here has actually had experience of buying some jewlery over the Web?

• Members

If you are talking about HSN or QVC or something like that, yes I have, had some items I was very satisfied with, a couple I had to return. They were very swift in taking the charge off my credit card, or if I had sent a check, in refunding my money. I have not bought anything off ebay or craigslist - don;t think I could trust that.

• Members

If you are talking about HSN or QVC or something like that, yes I have, had some items I was very satisfied with, a couple I had to return. They were very swift in taking the charge off my credit card, or if I had sent a check, in refunding my money. I have not bought anything off ebay or craigslist - don;t think I could trust that.

quinkie:

Thanks, so you wouldn't recommend ebay for jewelry? Is any of the ebay new stuff in any case, or mainly pre-owned?

There is some good looking jewelry on the Web, but between it looking good on the Web and actually getting it, paid for and with a credible option for re-funding, if not satisfied, there is a big distance sometimes, it seems...

Blessings.

• Members

I buy on Ebay for myself...probably would not for a gift. I have bought jewelry on Overstock.com as a gift, I think they are pretty reliable. Just read the reviews and the sizing carefully.

I recently scored a unique, solid 10K gold Italian herringbone chain with a pretty 10K leaf/vine pendant on Ebay, like 3.5 grams of gold, for $50 because the lady didn't have a super clear photo of it, nor a super detailed description...found the exact same necklace from another seller wanting $225 for it, which included more detailed information...so won the first one for $50.

• Members

I said I had not used e-bay or craigslist - I can't recommend or not recommend - I haven't had any dealings with them.

quinkie: oh okay, ty for clarifying.
Some ppl use the Web a lot for shopping, others don't. I'm kind of in between, I do sometimes but not nearly as much as others. Blessings. Edited by farouk

• Moderators

Ebay is usually pretty good - they've got good policies in place to protect the buyer, so as long as you purchase responsibly (i.e. use PayPal, check their ratings & expect that the photo might not be a very good picture!). I've purchased Craigslist/Kijiji - wouldn't buy jewellery on them, and you'll want to be careful about safety when going to pick something up.
Bidz.com has some nice jewellery VERY CHEAP! I've only purchased from them once, but they seemed pretty legit. The one thing with all of these places is that you cannot return items.

• Members

Ebay is usually pretty good - they've got good policies in place to protect the buyer, so as long as you purchase responsibly (i.e. use PayPal, check their ratings & expect that the photo might not be a very good picture!). I've purchased Craigslist/Kijiji - wouldn't buy jewellery on them, and you'll want to be careful about safety when going to pick something up.
Bidz.com has some nice jewellery VERY CHEAP! I've only purchased from them once, but they seemed pretty legit. The one thing with all of these places is that you cannot return items.

salyan:

Ty; good to have your impressions.

I guess that if the person doesn't really like the jewelry, then the option of returning within 30 days is difficult for via the Web.

Yes, I've seen the Bidz actually. They are good. You bought some from there then, I see.

Blessings.

• Members

I buy on Ebay for myself...probably would not for a gift. I have bought jewelry on Overstock.com as a gift, I think they are pretty reliable. Just read the reviews and the sizing carefully.

I recently scored a unique, solid 10K gold Italian herringbone chain with a pretty 10K leaf/vine pendant on Ebay, like 3.5 grams of gold, for $50 because the lady didn't have a super clear photo of it, nor a super detailed description...found the exact same necklace from another seller wanting $225 for it, which included more detailed information...so won the first one for $50.

Kitagrl:

Wow you did well with this deal.

I think there are some restrictions on money back; even over the counter purchases over some jewelry such as earrings have some restrictions on ppl trying them on and giving them back, so I imagine there are some restrictions over the Web, too, for some jewelry items.

Blessings.