• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Buffet Churches… 🌭🌮🍲🍛🍰

• Members
Posted (edited)

What can we do to attract new people, something that we love doing? Let's have a buffet every week, people love to eat. The Lord will not mind, we're trying to get new people to come, to visit our church. Is this correct or not correct?

Hungry Chinese Food GIF by GrindFace TV

Edited by TheGloryLand
Spelling

• Members

In the Cowboy Church movement, many of the churches have breakfast available on Sunday mornings. One reason for this is because many of the members are farmers/ranchers, and are out on the farm or in the fields so early in the morning up until time to go to services. And in many of the SBC churches I have been a member of, luncheon is served each week to allow for people to fellowship, and for newcomers to be reached in a non-hostile atmosphere. it work...Jesus fed the 5000, and did so on many other occasions.

• Members

Having meals can be a good thing and it can have its problems. 

1. Spiritual food should be the main dish. 

2. Who is doing all the work and who is paying for all this?

3. Are members not in service, while all preparation is being done?

• Members
19 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Having meals can be a good thing and it can have its problems. 

1. Spiritual food should be the main dish. 

2. Who is doing all the work and who is paying for all this?

3. Are members not in service, while all preparation is being done?

How about we let each church worry about their own business and how they do things. 

• Members

Are they using the tithe and offering for this, food, plates, drinks, and desserts? 

Put ten dollars in the offering plate during service, and eat all you like.

This sounds pretty good. The church needs to be careful and not fall into this trap.

Not having lunch every Sunday is a good start.

😇 Do well

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Are they using the tithe and offering for this, food, plates, drinks, and desserts? 

Put ten dollars in the offering plate during service, and eat all you like.

This sounds pretty good. The church needs to be careful and not fall into this trap.

Not having lunch every Sunday is a good start.

😇 Do well

Again, Eddie, let's let each church do what they feel the Lord wants them to do with their tithes and offerings. ALL functions of the church can be handled with the tithes and offerings of the church. I'm going to be honest with you here,, Brother, but you seem to spend a lot of time worrying about what others, individuals and churches alike, do with their income, tithes and offerings. Jesus had someone who was overly worried about the funds...do you remember his name? You consistently call things "traps," but, I see no traps...There is a trap in worrying about things that don't concern us.  If they want to have meals every Sunday, that is THEIR business...you've got your opinion, and you've stated it many times...we all know them quite well by now. 

• Members

Of course they’re gonna be some that don’t agree with what I’m saying and I do understand that, for there are many new liberal Baptist churches out there. We all know when Jesus preached openly, many went for the fish and bread or food. If this happened with Jesus, it can happen in any church, people going for the wrong reason. This is why the pastor needs to be aware of all things. The people or members come to church for spiritual food, to worship God, to give their offerings and to praise and worship. All other things are man-made. Do I like a good lunch after church of course I do, but not every week. Just because a person has been many Years in the ministry. This does not make them superior to you or me in anyway.

• Members
5 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Of course they’re gonna be some that don’t agree with what I’m saying and I do understand that, for there are many new liberal Baptist churches out there. We all know when Jesus preached openly, many went for the fish and bread or food. If this happened with Jesus, it can happen in any church, people going for the wrong reason. This is why the pastor needs to be aware of all things. The people or members come to church for spiritual food, to worship God, to give their offerings and to praise and worship. All other things are man-made. Do I like a good lunch after church of course I do, but not every week. Just because a person has been many Years in the ministry. This does not make them superior to you or me in anyway.

And still, if you go back over your postings here they come back to other churches use of tithes given to THEIR church ministries by THEIR congregants...nothing which should be of concern to you. Trying to make it your business is called meddling. And, as I stated before, you're perfectly welcome to your opinions. And just because another church doesn't live up to what YOU think they should, if it's not the church that you personally are attending or are a member of doesn't make it liberal. You throw that word around far too easily.  

• Members

Colossians 4-2-4

Sorry I am avoiding to post the wording.  It is difficult for me to get KJV and I cannot access certain information on Google with VPN