• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Gambling a sin

• Members
Posted (edited)

Alot of people have question my person because I asked for assistance. Today I saw gambling advice and decided to try. I stake 199FCFA(0.33) and won 216FCFA(0.36). 

Could this be an option?

Screenshot_20240511-222940_1xBet-cm.jpg

Screenshot_20240511-223139_1xBet-cm.jpg

Edited by Kienyui

• Members

Have you EVER done a study on what the Bible says about money,  Kienyui? Sometimes some of the questions and situations you present here seem strange, and like you are looking for an excuse to do sinful things. 

• Members

We are to trust in the Lord to meet our daily needs as we live in right fellowship with Him. Gambling is pitting your faith in “randomness” to meet your needs, rather than faith in God and His promises. You cannot please Him by doing that.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

• Members
9 hours ago, SureWord said:

Option for what? 

Gambling can become a serious addiction and end up getting you into major trouble with some shady characters.

Thank you

• Members
8 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Have you EVER done a study on what the Bible says about money,  Kienyui? Sometimes some of the questions and situations you present here seem strange, and like you are looking for an excuse to do sinful things. 

I learned that gambling can foster a spirit of greed and covetousness. That individuals may focused on the desire for financial gain than on trusting in God's provision. (1 Timothy 6:10).

I sin, aften. It may not be an excuse but i do it to stay alive. I don't need an excuse to commit sin again. When life is hard. Crime is obvious. It is the recent group I joined the led me to discovering gambling. 

• Members

If you walked with God, obeying Him and striving against sin, He would be providing for you and taking care of you. Choosing the path of sin and compromise is not pleasing to the Lord, and is a reason for Him to chastise you and not bless you.

Sin is never justifiable or excusable. It is disobedience.

Romans 3:8
And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.