• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gifts 🎁 for Christmas yes or no πŸ˜‚

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Joe Chandler,

• Members
2 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Yes, for ties to the Pastor for a gift, Pastors love ties. πŸ‘” if he’s a Southern Baptist pastor, you can give him a jacket with a expensive T-shirt.πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘•

I think your crack about the Southern Baptists pastors was uncalled for. A majority of them still dress in a suit and tie. You should know this since you attend an SBC affiliated church.Β 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 12/19/2023 at 5:55 PM, BrotherTony said:

I think your crack about the Southern Baptists pastors was uncalled for. A majority of them still dress in a suit and tie. You should know this since you attend an SBC affiliated church.Β 

I would agree, most pastors and members of our churches wear a tie and a suit, it is uncommon in my state convention to find a pastor wearing anything but a suit and tie.

17 hours ago, Landmarkheritage said:

I would agree, most pastors and members of our churches wear a tie and a suit, it is uncommon in my state convention to find a pastor wearing anything but a suit and tie.

I wear a suit and tie to Church maybe 2 to 3 times a year. I believe you should dress in a manner that is respectful to the office you hold and that you take such seriously. This does not always equate to "Suit and Tie" apparel though. I have seen IFB pastors with "Open Collars" in the pulpit and I am just fine with that.

• 3 weeks later...