• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heart of the earth?

rstrats

• Members

In the closed poll for the meaning of "Heart of the earth" in Matthew 12:40 there were no votes for the tomb and 4 votes for other.  I wonder what some of the other meanings might be.  

Edited by rstrats

• Members
14 hours ago, rstrats said:

In the closed poll for the meaning of "Heart of the earth" in Matthew 12:40 there were no votes for the tomb and 4 votes for other.  I wonder what some of the other meanings might be.  

Jesus compared it to Jonah in the whale. 

If you look closely Jonah says he was at the bottom of the mountains and was set about by bars. Job mentions the bars of the pit.

So, I think the heart of the earth is pretty deep. Under the ocean. This could be why John sees the beast rise out of the sea.

• Members
12 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

The poll is probably closed if its an older thread, however, I cant seem to find the thread you are referring to

Actually, not really any need to find it since the 4 "other" votes weren't identified as to their meaning.

Edited by rstrats