• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preacher friend of mine, using the NIV Bible

TheGloryLand

• Members
On 5/9/2022 at 11:22 AM, Doc Flay said:

There are over 450 versions of the bible in the English language, and more than 45,000 denominations in the Christian religion, and about 4,300 religions around the world. Now , God is not the author of confusion, but I believe Satan is. 

I have come to the theory, if you will, over the decades; that the other versions, (that is other than the K.J.V.) are humanistic at their core. The reason I say this is that I have notice humanist terminology in a lot of them. Now this is an extreme view point for the moment, but I am still studying the subject. It would be unfair for me to draw a final conclusion without more evidence, so this is just my opinion for now.  

Would you mind giving cases of this "humanistic" terminology for the record. Thanks. (not saying there isn't any....I haven't looked for it, so I'm asking in all earnestness.)

• Members

There are many independent Baptist churches that have gone by the wayside - gone liberal in some areas - whether they use the KJV or not. I personally have no idea how many liberal Baptist churches still use the KJV.

• Members
27 minutes ago, E Morales said:

What percentage of independent baptist churches, uses another bible, then the KJ bible. Is there such thing as a liberal independent baptist church, thanks for your replies.

Nobody will know the true percentage of the independent Baptist churches that use something other than the KJV. We visited one for several months in Murfreesboro, TN that used the ESV, NASB, and the NIV. Only on occasion would the preacher refer back to the KJV

Yes, there is such a thing as a liberal independent Baptist church. The Baptists aren't exempt from falling away from the old standards.

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Nobody will know the true percentage of the independent Baptist churches that use something other than the KJV. We visited one for several months in Murfreesboro, TN that used the ESV, NASB, and the NIV. Only on occasion would the preacher refer back to the KJV

Yes, there is such a thing as a liberal independent Baptist church. The Baptists aren't exempt from falling away from the old standards.

Confusing, this could be why Christians are looking for the right church many times.

You can no longer go by…

Our statement of faith anymore. This is not enough information, for anyone to make the right decision for memberships.

• Members

There are liberal churches that do have a watered down statement of faith (ie. written statement on their website or that they declare from their church). But either way, we must take their statement of faith and what we observe and hear from them and compare all of it with the Word of God.

• Members
57 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Confusing, this could be why Christians are looking for the right church many times.

You can no longer go by…

Our statement of faith anymore. This is not enough information, for anyone to make the right decision for memberships.

I have to agree that many churches "statement of faith" is misleading. Many churches no longer follow their own statements any longer, or at the very least, have not updated them to be accurate on their stance.