• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sold!

heartstrings

• Members

We sold our first 17 lambs of the season at the rate of one, two, or three at the time, and 6 of those were to Muslims.  Madjid from Oman, "Mo" from Bahrain, Isaac and Saeed from Saudi Arabia came and slaughtered on the farm. These particular guys seemed friendly enough but I never look forward to dealing with Muslims as they're too persistent in "negotiating" the price and just the prospect of having young Muslims around makes me a little nervous.  They had also agreed to bury the remains but they left heads and feet sticking out of the ground and when I returned Saturday afternoon, it was stinking to high heaven. But last Friday afternoon we sold 15 rams to Ignacio, from Ocala, FL, and that pretty much wrapped up the 2015 lamb crop sales. He loaded up the rams and never said one word about my price in spite of the fact that I got a very good price for them .  That's the way I like to sell sheep. :)

We have only 3 rams left now: One isn't ready to sell, another is reserved for a customer who will use him for breeding and the last one, with exceptional body size and horn growth, will be kept for a while; hopefully to sell to the trophy/game farm market.  Friday night, I had another customer call wanting 10 more lambs, another called Sunday night, two more texted me yesterday and another this morning. I'm sure the Muslims will be calling wanting lambs for their "Eid Al Adha" day in a few weeks, but it will be good to tell them we're sold out; I just don't want to deal with them. I would rather just sell all the lambs to one or two buyers and be done with it.

This fall, we have an additional 20 ewes ready to breed, possibly 30 more and several buyers who have asked to be put on our list so, it could get even more interesting next season.

• Members

We sold our first 17 lambs of the season at the rate of one, two, or three at the time, and 6 of those were to Muslims.  Madjid from Oman, "Mo" from Bahrain, Isaac and Saeed from Saudi Arabia came and slaughtered on the farm. These particular guys seemed friendly enough but I never look forward to dealing with Muslims as they're too persistent in "negotiating" the price and just the prospect of having young Muslims around makes me a little nervous.  They had also agreed to bury the remains but they left heads and feet sticking out of the ground and when I returned Saturday afternoon, it was stinking to high heaven. But last Friday afternoon we sold 15 rams to Ignacio, from Ocala, FL, and that pretty much wrapped up the 2015 lamb crop sales. He loaded up the rams and never said one word about my price in spite of the fact that I got a very good price for them .  That's the way I like to sell sheep. :)

We have only 3 rams left now: One isn't ready to sell, another is reserved for a customer who will use him for breeding and the last one, with exceptional body size and horn growth, will be kept for a while; hopefully to sell to the trophy/game farm market.  Friday night, I had another customer call wanting 10 more lambs, another called Sunday night, two more texted me yesterday and another this morning. I'm sure the Muslims will be calling wanting lambs for their "Eid Al Adha" day in a few weeks, but it will be good to tell them we're sold out; I just don't want to deal with them. I would rather just sell all the lambs to one or two buyers and be done with it.

This fall, we have an additional 20 ewes ready to breed, possibly 30 more and several buyers who have asked to be put on our list so, it could get even more interesting next season.

Its good to hear that God is blessing your hard labor brother,

Praying for you brother that you'll not have to do business with the Muslims

God bless brother

• Members

Why would you supply Muslims with stuff to honor their false religion? Don't they pray to their 'god' for 'his' blessing before slitting their throat? I know little about it, but I know I would not sell something to a false religionist to further their obedience to their 'faith'.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

I don't know. That's a tough call.

We all have to do business, however frequently, with folks whose religions and sins we don't agree with. I have refused to do graphics work which was profane and lost a good customer another time because I declined to put a "scripture" on his store window out of the NIV.

In my sign business, I've sold dozens of signs to Pentecostals, Holiness, Assemblies of God, "COGIC", Church of Christ, Seventh Day Adventist, etc. Last week, I constructed and sold a sign, to a church (a repeat customer) which has a woman "pastor", speaks in tongues and doesn't believe in eternal security. Last month, I sold one to a Freewill Baptist church . I have to make the call whether or not to make signs for religious folk who work their way to Heaven, get "saved" by baptism, speak in tongues, have woman preachers, worship a god who might revoke your salvation or even a nasty one who dooms you to Hell simply because he didn't unconditionally choose you before the foundation of the world. So. again, when you're in business and have to make the decisions, it's a tough call sometimes. Hey, I've even done work for a lesbian before,. The sign had nothing to do with "lesbianism" but if it had, yeah I would have declined; and probably be in trouble with the authorities. I wouldn't have baked that cake either.

Back to the Muslims, I don't participate in any of my customers' prayers or blasphemies; I'm just in the business to sell sheep. But like I said, the Muslims, with their particularly sick and dangerous brand of religion, make me a little nervous. So I'm glad all the sheep are sold for the season and I don't have to deal with them anymore this year; Hopefully never again. My hope is to continue in the sheep business and to acquire a few buyers, primarily from South Florida, who will buy larger numbers of animals, on the hoof, and haul them away like the last one did.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

I don't mean any disrespect. Really. I am just surprised to know you are in such a position.

I really shouldn't have said what I said without looking at it in your perspective.

Live your convictions the best you can and I will just not worry about your convictions.

Having a Bugs Bunny moment I guess.

• Members

Not a problem. I've always been uneasy about it.. But I have stuck to my guns refusing to help them with their slaughter whenever they ask, which is surprising because I didjn;t think they allowed "infidels"  to do so. At any rate, it has been an opportunity to interact with and show kindness to strangers and to be a witness. How else can we do that?

• Members

Not a problem. I've always been uneasy about it.. But I have stuck to my guns refusing to help them with their slaughter whenever they ask, which is surprising because I didjn;t think they allowed "infidels"  to do so. At any rate, it has been an opportunity to interact with and show kindness to strangers and to be a witness. How else can we do that?

brother I understand just how you feel, growing up on the farm i remember the times when Dad struggled to keep it going he had to do whatever it took to keep the farm going ,he knew the risk of loss was something any farmer cannot take ,brother what Dad relied on the most was God and I'm sure you do to brother and that's all that really matters.

Brother ,I had the opportunity to lead a Muslim lady to the Lord , but brother be careful in dealing with them it can be difficult , after I had lead her to the lord her family turned on her and she came to me crying in fear of her son whom hated her her for becoming a Christian I tried to talk with him but failed .it got really bad for her and our Church helped to find another place to live , her son had my phone number and called threating me so much I had to have my number changed , I've have heard of a lot of different ways to witness to a Muslim but haven't heard of any ways of dealing with the family of one that has been saved , so you be careful brother , I'm continuing to lift you up to the lord in prayer .

God bless Brother