• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm really concerned...

joyfulpraise93

• Members

For the past few weeks I've had tooth/jaw pain that I believe is related to my wisdom teeth. It's been bothering me more lately and last night was so severe I could barely stand it.

I have contacted an oral surgeon who will do an x-ray on Thursday to see if it is infected.

If it is infected it could cause pre-term labor so I will have to have the wisdom teeth extracted OR take an anti-biotic. The extraction will have to be done with local anesthetic only and my body doesn't respond well to local anesthesia (I need LOTS of it for it to numb which isn't an option when pregnant).

PLEASE, if the Lord brings me to your mind, pray that the teeth aren't infected.

If they aren't infected I can handle the pain. Right now I'm just concerned that they are and the baby may be in danger.

If they do happen to be infected please pray that I will be able to take an antibiotic instead of having to have them extracted and take harmful pain-killers. Natural stuff doens't work well for me.

I know this may seem like a small matter, but it's of importance to me and is causing me a lot of stress lately. I'd appreciate your prayers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had my wisdom tooth removed when I was pregnant.. I know it can be scary. if your teeth are showing, they can easily yank it out, only numbing the area around it. btw, there are days when numbing didn't work, and there are days that it does (as I had alot of cavities)

Take extra care of your teeth during pregnancy because pregnancy are harsh on teeth.. my teeth started to weaken when I was pregnant and I read about teeth and pregnancy. If I find an article, I'll let you know.

Joyful...this isn't a small matter at all. Remember that no problem is too great for Our Great God and Saviour to handle...it can be a tooth issue or Cancer. I will send some prayers up to the Great Physician for you and the baby. :pray Keep active to take your mind off of it...but, do get some rest, too. Okay?

• Members

Thanks...I have always had weak teeth and enamel. The teeth I have now are just the outer enamel, but have been ground down and refilled with a cement-like substance. I try to take care of my teeth...but yes, things have gotten worse since pregnancy.

My downstairs neighbour has dementia and screams, shrieks, and yells for long periods of time every day. We've called the apartment manager a TON of times, but nothing comes of it. Anways it really gets to me and stresses me out.

SO my plans to stay home today and rest in bed were shot because she was screaming and yelling. Both the cars are at my hubby's work right now, so I just got out and walked to CVS. Now I'm tired, but I will try to rest some today.

SIGH...I'm feeling down. :(

• Administrators

Oh, Rachel - tooth pain can cause everything to go cattywampus!!! I don't know which is worse - toothache or migraines...unless they come together! :lol:

Seriously, if the dentist is aware that you are pregnant, he will take the care he needs to for the baby. A suggestion you might want to try: oil of clove can relieve toothache pain real quick. Maybe you could try that to see if you can hold off on extractions until the baby comes (if the tooth isn't infected).

• Members

I was nursing a 2mo. old baby when my wisdom teeth gave me trouble. Two of them were 1/2 way in and 2 were impacted. It was the 2 that were impacted that were causing the trouble and I did end up with an infection. If you have to take an antibiotic, they can prescribe something that will not harm the baby, and if the infection is what is causing the pain, you may be able to wait until after the baby comes for the extraction. Will keep you in my prayers.....try not to stress out too much.

• Members
I was nursing a 2mo. old baby when my wisdom teeth gave me trouble. Two of them were 1/2 way in and 2 were impacted. It was the 2 that were impacted that were causing the trouble and I did end up with an infection. If you have to take an antibiotic' date=' they can prescribe something that will not harm the baby, and if the infection is what is causing the pain, you may be able to wait until after the baby comes for the extraction. Will keep you in my prayers.....try not to stress out too much.[/quote']

I'd love it if I could just take an anti-biotic instead of having it extracted right now...that would be great! That's what I'm hoping for if it is indeed infected..

And yes, Kitagrl, living above a lady with dementia is no fun. We're contemplating a move since the lady's daughter seems to ignore our please for a "just a liiiiittle peace, please!" When I first heard it I really thought it was someone who was demon-possessed. It scared me to death. Now that I know what it is it just grates on my nerves. All I know is that we definitely won't be able to deal with it after the baby is born because the baby's room is right above hers. We're just hoping that the apartment manager will be able to evict her because she really belongs in an assisted living place, not in an aprtment complex.

• Members
Yikes...and the stress from that makes everything else seem worse as well' date=' I'm sure...[/quote']

I think so...

I'm normally a calm person and I try to be understanding. At first when I learned it was an 84 year old lady I felt sooo sorry for her and was determined not to mind it so much. That has faded since it's been almost 6 months now without ceasing. Plus her daughter came to my home and tried to tell me her mom was being calm this one day...when I'd been hearing her mom scream all morning. So I went down to visit her mom and she cursed at me in German. She can't help it because she's not mentally aware...that's why I don't understand why they don't move her to a place that is more suited to her. Right now they're paying for the apt AND 2 live-in nurses. I'm trying to be a good Christian testimony, but there are times (especially when pregnant) that the stress gets to be too much.

I'm feeling super stressed today and I can't wait to see Samer so I can get a hug.

Then, I think...wow, compared with like John81's troubles this doesn't seem like much at all...but I know God still cares and you guys.

Thanks for all the prayers. It means a ton.

• Members
Oh, Rachel - tooth pain can cause everything to go cattywampus!!! I don't know which is worse - toothache or migraines...unless they come together! :lol:

Seriously, if the dentist is aware that you are pregnant, he will take the care he needs to for the baby. A suggestion you might want to try: oil of clove can relieve toothache pain real quick. Maybe you could try that to see if you can hold off on extractions until the baby comes (if the tooth isn't infected).

I might try that. I tried some baking soda this morning and that seemed to help a little. Oragel usually helps, but it's not working.

• Members

For some reasons, I think infection hurt the baby worst. but I could be wrong. Anyway, if it is hurting, chances are that your wisdom teeth is growing out wrong. But it could wait depending on how many month pregnant you are.. but if youhave a long way off, it is better to have it removed than taking a bunch aspirins. praying for you.

And yes' date=' Kitagrl, living above a lady with dementia is no fun. We're contemplating a move since the lady's daughter seems to ignore our please for a "just a liiiiittle peace, please!" When I first heard it I really thought it was someone who was demon-possessed. It scared me to death. Now that I know what it is it just grates on my nerves. All I know is that we definitely won't be able to deal with it after the baby is born because the baby's room is right above hers. We're just hoping that the apartment manager will be able to evict her because she really belongs in an assisted living place, not in an aprtment complex.[/quote']

Yes...someone will this type of dementia needs to get the care that they need in a nursing type facility. When I stopped working I did volunteer work in a huge nursing home. God bless those folks and the people who care for them. My mom is of sound mind, but...her body is shot at age 78. She has someone with dementia living right next door to her in her nursing facility. She said some nights are not that easy.

This is stressful. :pray for everybody.