• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lord's Day 3/9/14

Pastor Matt

• Members

I said that our preacher spoke on Mark 5.  He was a police officer in Manchester many years ago and he said that during that time he met many rough sleepers like the man in Mark 5.  Some slept in graveyards. One used to go to one of those graves with an archway over it and raise the stone lid and slept in the tomb.

He Also met a young lady who self harmed.  She kept broken glass in her pockets and used to slash herself.  He met her sitting by the side of the road, bleeding and sat down beside hers and read her the account of legion.  She said "Would you come home with me and read that story to my father?"  He agreed and went withe her and he said, "What have you brought the police into this house for??"  She said "I have asked him to read something to you"  Afterwards the father said "What did I want to hear that for?"  It seems the young lady accepted the gospel like Legion and the father rejected it like the those who saw what Jesus did, verse 17.

Archived