• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can You Explain The Lords Supper In Heaven For Me…

The Glory Land

• Members

So you are saying, the bible tells us, we will be with our born again spirit, new body, and we will eat and drink for ever, in Heaven?  I am not trying to trick you or anyone here. E Morales with the glory land.

No, it will not be a new body, it will be the old body resurrected & glorified.

Read the Bible on this part, Jesus did eat & drink in His glorified body between His resurrection & when He ascended to Heaven, our body will be like His, if he could eat & drink them so shall we be able to eat & drink.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, it will not be a new body, it will be the old body resurrected & glorified.

Read the Bible on this part, Jesus did eat & drink in His glorified body between His resurrection & when He ascended to Heaven, our body will be like His, if he could eat & drink them so shall we be able to eat & drink.

But the bible also mentions, we will be as angels, did any of the angels eat in the bible?

• Members

Genesis 18:1-8 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

• Members

Genesis 18:1-8 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

There stood three Men of God, just like Abraham was a man.

• Members

But the bible also mentions, we will be as angels, did any of the angels eat in the bible?

And of course this needs to be used in proper contest.

Mr 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
Mr 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

It only says we will be like angels in that in Heaven we will not given in marriage.

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

We will judge angels, & that is in context.

• Members

This may sound like a joke, but it is not. Then if we eat and drink, then we will be depending on it for survival and not God. There will be a need for the use of a restrooms? 

To be honest your being the joke, you need to go to the Bible, study it, before making such comments, accusations.

Now, go to the Bible & prove me wrong. 

Archived