• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Two Kingdoms?

Guest "I am chief"

• Members

I'm being facetious to make a point. Not all of Joel was fulfilled at that time. The sun and moon literally didn't change and the earth didn't shake at the presence of the Lord (Haggai 2:6,7). If someone was to claim that it did happen then he would have to spiritualize the whole passage and say Peter was just being poetic about the celetial bodies. And if it did happen literally at that time then someone (sacred or secular) forget to write done about the greatest natural phenomenon taking place since the creation of heaven and earth.

Please watch the whole presentation I posted. Part 6 and 7 talk about the blood moon and those signs from an astronomical and partial preterist view.

• Members
BTW, as for the signs in the heavens, check out this presentation: http://www.bethlehemstar.net/

Please watch the whole presentation I posted. Part 6 and 7 talk about the blood moon and those signs from an astronomical and partial preterist view.

It's amazing - brilliant. Thanks for the link.

Watch it & you will see Joel & other prophecies fulfilled.

• Members

I am not suggesting that ever word written by Joel was fulfilled on that day. Certainly that which Peter spoke of from Joel 2 was fulfilled since Peter by inspiration stated that it was.

The suggestion in the chapter is if Israel repented then Acts 2:19,20 would be fulfilled also. The "great and notable day of the Lord" did not come unless you are going to say the "great and notable day of the Lord" has been the last 2000 years. If this is the case then the passage is not to be taken literally but since vs. 17,18 seem to have been fulfilled literally then there's no reason for the rest of the passage not to be taken as such.

My argument is that there is a huge gap of unspecified time between verses 18 and 19 where the colon is located just like you find a huge gap where the colon is located after the word "given" in Isaiah 9:6. Unless of course you say that the "government" in Isaiah 9:6 is a spiritual government.

One other thing, the Spirit of God was not poured out on all flesh. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

The suggestion in the chapter is if Israel repented then Acts 2:19,20 would be fulfilled also. The "great and notable day of the Lord" did not come unless you are going to say the "great and notable day of the Lord" has been the last 2000 years. If this is the case then the passage is not to be taken literally but since vs. 17,18 seem to have been fulfilled literally then there's no reason for the rest of the passage not to be taken as such.

My argument is that there is a huge gap of unspecified time between verses 18 and 19 where the colon is located just like you find a huge gap where the colon is located after the word "given" in Isaiah 9:6. Unless of course you say that the "government" in Isaiah 9:6 is a spiritual government.

One other thing, the Spirit of God was not poured out on all flesh.

I suppose that I missed that suggestion since I don't read any such within the passage. Peter's argument was that, "...this is that which was spoken by the propet Joel...." I will stick with his argument since it is the one which is inspired.

• Members

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The wonders, the signs, the darkness & presumably the blood-red moon all occurred when our Lord died on the cross. The great and notable day of the Lord was his glorious resurrection. The greatest event in all creation's history. The day when salvation was accomplished for all families of the earth through Abraham's Seed.

The "last days" began with the resurrection & are continuing. To the end of time whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter is declaring the fulfilment of prophecy, not restating prophecy.

One other thing, the Spirit of God was not poured out on all flesh.
How extensive is "all?" And must the Spirit be poured out on all flesh in a single instant?

Notice Luk 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Jhn 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Jhn 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

Pentecost was the perfect fulfilment of Joel's prophecy.

• Members

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter didn't say that the resurrection was that day...he said this is what Joel prophesied of.