• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

As Egypt goes offline US gets internet 'kill switch' bill ready

TheBibleSender

• Members
It was initially introduced last year but expired with a new Congress.
Senator Susan Collins, a co-sponsor of the bill, said that unlike in Egypt, where the government was using its powers to quell dissent by shutting down the internet, it would not.

And the band played "Believe it if you like."

• Members

What a bunch of control freaks. If politicians had normal jobs they would be that dictator boss we all hate.

Funny, but so true it hurts to laugh!

If only the politicians had to abide by the same laws, rules and regulations average folks have to, they would vote very differently.

• Administrators

Sure would be different huh. I will admit, our politicians make heaven seam sweeter and sweeter every day.

Off Topic
It also would be nice if they put themselves on the same health care they want the rest of us on.I really think they think we are idiots

• Members

Sure would be different huh. I will admit, our politicians make heaven seam sweeter and sweeter every day.

Off Topic
It also would be nice if they put themselves on the same health care they want the rest of us on.I really think they think we are idiots

Every so often a rogue politicians will attempt to attach an amendment to some bill, and it was done regarding the health care bill, which would require congres to give up their perks and abide by whatever they pass. Without fail, such always fail to pass by very wide margins!

• Members

I wonder what would happen if some of us would recall some of them? Do you think that might wake some of them up? More than likely not, they would just pass a law making it harder to recall them.

Edited by Bro Jim

• Members

I wonder what would happen if some of us would recall some of them? Do you think that might wake some of them up? More than likely not, they would just pass a law making it harder to recall them.

It's already pretty hard to recall most of them, which is why it's rarely done. They rig the system to favor them in all matters.