• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

text comparison software

• Members

the topic introduction:

you've heard of the changes in the bible made. the words added and deleted... they say that words are added and deleted.

i (i.e., i am the author) wrote a program to do text comparison automatically and show differences between two texts, in word-by-word manner, and character-level for non-english text.

the product is ready, and works as claimed.
i would like to request anonymity. i.e. - contact me privately.

• Members

Comparing what? A valid text with an error-ridden text? I strongly discourage people from using sich tactics when studying the Bible since it rarely leads them to the truth and usually just confuses things. The KJV is more than adequate for anyone needing just the English, and if you want to study further, then go to the Hebrew and Greek. You can see what I offered by checking out http://phpBible.org and http://phpAV.com. They show the KJV and link the keyed words to the lexicon definition of that word in the original language.

• Members

to date, all the theology about this add/deleted text issues flows from few hands - Gail Riplinger in her book "New Age Bible Versions", several websites supposedly showing what was added or deleted, countless discussions here and there.

it is very hard to proof-read two/ or many bible versions to see the differences.
why not go down to the source and get a program to do it automatically?

one reader who submitted NASB vs KJV - the book of Matthew has nearly 2000 +/- added/deleted words.
Please contact me in private to see it for yourself. (--> Private Message).

No gimmicks, no trickery.

• Members
to date' date=' all the theology about this add/deleted text issues flows from few hands - Gail Riplinger in her book "New Age Bible Versions", several websites supposedly showing what was added or deleted, countless discussions here and there.[/quote']No, they stem from the facts.

Attempting to marginalize an opposing viewpoint by claiming it is only a "copy" of what so-and-such has said, is a cheap debate tactic.

• Members
Attempting to marginalize an opposing viewpoint by claiming it is only a "copy" of what so-and-such has said, is a cheap debate tactic.

I never disputed what they said.

My program confirms what they have said, and it goes a lot more, and identifies each and every change made.

• Members
to date, all the theology about this add/deleted text issues flows from few hands - Gail Riplinger in her book "New Age Bible Versions", several websites supposedly showing what was added or deleted, countless discussions here and there.

it is very hard to proof-read two/ or many bible versions to see the differences.
why not go down to the source and get a program to do it automatically?

one reader who submitted NASB vs KJV - the book of Matthew has nearly 2000 +/- added/deleted words.
Please contact me in private to see it for yourself. (--> Private Message).

No gimmicks, no trickery.

Gail Riplinger grossly twist what people say. If you research her "New Age Bible versions" you will see that she misquotes and adds quotes that are not quotes of the original writer. I found this out when I was a student in seminary and went to the library and checked out many of her quotes. Many were not even near what the original writer said. I could not find many so called quotes as I went to the page of the author in the references given. Much of what she says does not hold water.

God Bless
John

• Members

So basically a rewrite of the command-line utility "diff" or the GUI program "BeyondCompare"?

It's written to compare two word documents and show difference between two word documents. You saw the results of comparison. (same is on Blog). It is specially designed -believe it or not- to compare bible verses.

• 6 months later...
  • Members
Comparing what? A valid text with an error-ridden text? I strongly discourage people from using sich tactics when studying the Bible since it rarely leads them to the truth and usually just confuses things.

It is by comparing Bible versions to see how they were different that I arrived at the position of KJVonly - seeing the differences for myself caused me to dig in deeper and do further research on this issue. Of course, if someone is comparing for the purpose of some lowest common denominator Bible study, then they are going to be led further astray.

The KJV is more than adequate for anyone needing just the English, and if you want to study further, then go to the Hebrew and Greek. You can see what I offered by checking out http://phpBible.org and http://phpAV.com. They show the KJV and link the keyed words to the lexicon definition of that word in the original language.

Someone has to start from where they are. If they are not yet convinced the KJV is the most accurate, why would they necessarily want to use that as their primary study Bible? First they need to find out how or why it is different or better.

P.S. I am not necessarily endorsing some program that shows differences (as I am unfamiliar with this), but showing that if someone really cares about the truth and is willing to sit down with several Bibles (including the KJV and whatever one they primarily/mostly use) and search out the differences and seek the Lord's guidance on this issue, they will find out the truth about modern Bible versions.