• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Leaving NIFB: I need help with some doctrine

• Members
9 hours ago, Jerry said:

I have never heard of someone getting a sex change and then repenting of that.

There are actually a lot of testimonies online about de-transitioning. The one thing they make clear is that it is not "sex change" but rather mutilation and augmentation to look like but not actually change. There are many but here of Walt Heyer is one victim who was convinced to go "all the way", showing the process of "transition" but was saved from the deception through faith in Christ. He also has many testimonies on his website here: sexchangeregret.com | Transgender To Transformed

Sex Change of a Child is a form of Child Abuse | Walt Heyer | Ruth Institute Annual Summit (rumble.com)

• Members

I was referring specifically to adults choosing to undergo a sex change (like I’ve heard about since the 70’s and 80’s) - not really to any form of transitioning, which they are doing today.

Yes, forcing a child to change genders in any way (chemically or through surgery) is certainly child abuse, and anyone teaching them to be confused and seek this is the worst kind of brainwashing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks. I figured it was something like that, but wasn’t totally sure. I know he created his own movement or “branch” of IFB (if you want to call it that). There is actually an Anderson-related church near Vancouver, which has many of his doctrines and positions.

• Members
2 hours ago, Pastor Matt said:

New Independent Fundamental Baptist. I believe Steven Anderson had a part in starting that movement

He did indeed. I have several acquaintances who are associated with the NIFB, and because of some of the hate stirred up through the group/sect, I have had to distance myself from them. I used to have a video of Anderson being arrested and fighting..I believe it was by the US Border Agency.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

He did indeed. I have several acquaintances who are associated with the NIFB, and because of some of the hate stirred up through the group/sect, I have had to distance myself from them. I used to have a video of Anderson being arrested and fighting..I believe it was by the US Border Agency.

I remember that.

https://attorneysforfreedom.com/high-profile-cases/pastor-anderson-taser-case/

• Members
4 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

Yessir! That's it. When I was on the original Fighting Fundamentalist Forums run by Pastor Don Elbourne, Anderson was there bragging about this....sad.