• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Attempted Suicide...Please pray

• Members

I have a couple of different prayer requests that I am putting in this post. 

Two days ago my wife and I received a call from a relative informing us that our great-niece has attempted suicide for the second time in as many years. A little background.

Her mother, our niece, has jumped from man to man, indiscriminately, and has had three children, Kaylie being the oldest at 14 years old. She has a younger sister and a brother who was just born last year. Our niece got married to the baby's father early last year or late the year before and has already divorced. My sister-in-law, and her ex-husband, were the only stabilizing factors in the lives of these kids, and they both passed away in 2022, just a month apart. This left a real vacuum and further destabilized the situation. We have been witnessing to this family for years but, thus far they have rejected God's offer of salvation. Our niece has sought counseling for her daughter and will put her in an institution if necessary. We have offered to take Kaylie for a period of time if necessary. We're still continuing to witness to these family members.

We have had 14 people that we're related to, have worked with, are friends or acquaintances with, commit suicide over the last five years. Vivian just had a coworker commit suicide last week. The world has become a sad place for many people. They need Jesus.

Second prayer request is for my wife's continued recovery from her knee surgery. She's still experiencing some difficulty with her left knee which affects her ability to walk on the concrete floors at work. Because of everything that has been going on with this we've been considering selling our home and moving back home to Augusta, GA, where we can buy a home outright, or have a very small mortgage. It would help us tremendously to do so, but we've gotten no direct leading on it from the Lord. 

Thank you all in advance.

BT