• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

From Broken To Beautiful

• Members

From Broken To Beautiful

From broken to beautiful;
Made with the Potter’s own hands,
Transformed into gold and silver -
Part of God’s wondrous plan.

Vessels of the Lord’s mercy,
Of His forgiveness and His grace;
From a past of brokenness
To true beauty in its place.

Once separated from God’s family,
Now adopted as a child of the King;
Precious treasure in earthen vessels -
To the Lord, worth more than anything.

Vessels of honour, fit for the Master,
Sanctified, forgiven, and set free;
From forsaken to accepted in His sight -
Beloved, and transformed for eternity.

From broken to beautiful,
Given a new purpose for His glory,
Renewed, and made righteous in Jesus Christ -
That is salvation’s story.

April 15th, 2024

Jerry Bouey

Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Hosea 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Ephesians 4:23-24 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

2 Timothy 2:20-21 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Jerry...that is a beautiful poem!  Thank you for posting it.  I have memorized and love II Cor. 4:7 "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us",   to remind me that "I can of mine own self do nothing..."

• Members

Thank you. My church is using it as the theme for their Mother-Daughter Tea this weekend.