• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Shall They Call?

• Members

I was intrigued last Sunday by the last passage my pastor quoted in his sermon on Missions - Romans 10:9-13.

How Shall They Call?

In a world that is blinded by darkness,
Men’s souls that are shadowed by night,
We shine out among those around us -
To the lost and perishing, we are the light.

How shall they call unless they hear the truth.
How shall they respond unless they know;
How shall they ever hear the Gospel,
Unless someone here tells them so.

Jesus Christ paid the price that was needed
To redeem mankind back from their sin;
The Holy Spirit came to this world,
So that lost man could be born again.

But how shall they call unless they hear Him;
How shall they respond unless they know
How shall the lost world hear of Jesus,
Unless someone saved is willing to go?

We need to see the lost souls around us;
Hear their cries, let them touch our hearts;
We’ve been sent out by our Father -
Let us be faithful and each do our part.

How shall they call unless they hear Jesus;
How shall they respond unless they know;
How shall they ever believe the Gospel,
Unless someone here is willing to go?

November 12, 2023
Jerry Bouey

Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Philippians 2:15-16 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Why do we have a forum in the first place? I want to explore the Word of God. I believe it was you that helped me reconcile the "line upon line, precept upon precept" phrase from Isaiah. A good practice when used properly and a bad practice when used to hide from the truth. I want to know that I am right about the things I believe. I have studied much about eternal security, for instance. I want to not only believe it, but be able to defend it from the Bible, not just repeat it. Very early on, I was told that I wasn't saved if I didn't speak in tongues. Being brand new to being saved, I prayed and fasted for 3 days to get the gift of tongues. You'll be glad to know I never received that gift. Then I studied it out and found out why I never received it. This Bible of ours has all the answers we need to live for God.

2 Peter 1:1-11 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

• Members

Thanks. Yes, I was part of the first Online Baptist and was a regular member and Mod for a few years until I left due to depression. Doing well now.

I much rather enjoy posting encouraging poems and studies rather than endless debates (though they do have their time and place).

It is interesting to note though that all those years of debating on here probably taught me a lot about digging indepth into the Word of God, looking at many Biblical issues from various sides so as to be able to answer the myriads of questions that come up. I do appreciate being a part of this oasis in the midst of this dark world.