• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The do and do nots in a Baptist Church

TheGloryLand

• Members
58 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

While having my cup of coffee, and replying to the last post. Drinking coffee ☕ during church. Let's talk about do and do not, during the worship services.

1. No chewing gum and making bubbles. ?

Nothing wrong with chewing gum. Shouldn't be making bubbles, though. Distraction.

• Members
57 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

5. Yes to dressing properly. I don’t want to see your holes in your pants.

6. ladies, that wear dresses are outstanding, and do well.

7. Man, please don’t come to church wearing shorts and flip-flops.

Wow, you're beginning to sound like the legalistic IFBx groups I grew up in. Thankfully God looks on the hearts. Maybe someone should try to be doing that here.

• Members

Don't chat with your neighbour - unless you are leaning over to ask what the verse was or making a quiet comment on what is being preached from the pulpit. I think Acts 17:11 has its place - but not at the expense of others hearing the sermon too.

Do not come to church to sleep. Yes, there are times when we really want to honour the Lord, but get overwhelmed with tiredness - but to deliberately come to church to snooze (or show a pattern of snoozing in most services) is just disrespectful. I know people who do that, then they have the nerve to get onto me and my family because one of us is interacting with the message in some fashion (like telling my nephew where what the preacher is speaking about is mentioned in the Bible, or showing a verse that clearly disagrees with what the preacher is saying**, etc.).

**Since Covid, my last pastor started bringing in religious junk and some false doctrines into his sermons. My family and I did our best to pay attention and gauge what was being taught, until God clearly showed it was time to leave. Sad about it all though.

• Members

10. Don’t come late every Sunday, you know what time the church service starts, and please wait to the service is completely done. Don’t leave before it has ended.

11. if there’s gonna be baptismal or someone getting baptized, please don’t leave, believe it or not, we are eyewitnesses. ?

• Members
10 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

10. Don’t come late every Sunday, you know what time the church service starts, and please wait to the service is completely done. Don’t leave before it has ended.

11. if there’s gonna be baptismal or someone getting baptized, please don’t leave, believe it or not, we are eyewitnesses. ?

The only thing I can say is that I am so thankful that someone here is not God and didn't deliver the "many commandments" (we've noticed there are more than 10, as God delivered to Moses, and there are probably many more coming) to them on two tablets of gold by the angel Morales! LOL 

First Lady Prophet GIF by Kingdom Full Tabernacle

Edited by BrotherTony