• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Tyrant"

heartstrings

• Members

Proverbs 15:1 says A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. But I have read where Jesus called the Pharisees/scribes things like "fools", "whited sepulchres", "hypocrites" and a "generation of vipers". Now I seriously doubt that Jesus let it get into an arguing match but, I think this pastor was initially right in telling this policeman what he was. And the cop confirmed it. I just wish the pastor hadn't argued and that he stood his ground instead of running. What say ye?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1401798970766981

Edited by heartstrings

• Members
23 hours ago, heartstrings said:

Proverbs 15:1 says A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. But I have read where Jesus called the Pharisees/scribes things like "fools", "whited sepulchres", "hypocrites" and a "generation of vipers". Now I seriously doubt that Jesus let it get into an arguing match but, I think this pastor was initially right in telling this policeman what he was. And the cop confirmed it. I just wish the pastor hadn't argued and that he stood his ground instead of running. What say ye?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1401798970766981

The verse is a truism but sometimes we need to get people mad. Like a pastor of mine used to say:

" Get mad before you get glad". 

• Members

Follow up after 3 years (incarcerated?) ,  found not guilty ....

By Beth Germano. Updated on: November 3, 2022 / 5:36 AM / CBS Boston. WORCESTER - A Worcester pastor is opening up about getting tasered by police inside his church. "When you haven't done...