• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Will Christians Still Vote For Trump… ??

Go to solution Solved by CatahoulaMom,

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I've said that I consider Donald to be a brother in Christ.  God knows those who are his.

I think we expect fellow believers to fit a certain image to qualify as what we would judge to be a Christian. 

However,we too would then and are then able to be judged  by the same criteria we hold out for others.

As regards TGL, I do not agree with your perspective.  

Democrats in office lie and have led this nation deep into the darkness of open borders,  an impossible economy and inflation, and more.  

That isn't the responsibility of the electorate. That is the shameful responsibility of the elected. They are at fault.

While TGL is but one amid the electorate who manufactures lies regarding party candidates, Donald Trump and Vance. And I do not think this provides an example of concern for the direction this country is taking.

Rather, their behavior is an example of why we are falling  further into the direction of darkness.  Immorality has become a feature to be proud of and pursue as if there is integrity in that.

I think TGL putting words into Donald Trump's mouth after posting a video where we may witness that Donald never said those words is something we must pay attention to.

We can hear that DT never said what TGL stated. And the same goes as regards his false accusations against Mr. Vance. What he states is not true!

Stating Donald and Vance are not Christians is a lie.

Continuing to pursue and defend that falsehood leads one to consider it is the liar that is not the Christian. Because,quite frankly,  that's not how we are to behave. 

I think he should be ashamed. Yet, he appears proud,defiant,and defensive when his sins are pointed out.

That's not right.

And yes,I'm new. However, it doesn't mean I am unable to recognize proud unrepentant sin filled hubris and hatred for Trump and Vance. 

It is hatred,in my view. Because love doesn't manufacture a web of lies as TGL has so to smear our Republican presidential candidates.

I feel TGL is a shame. Sadly, he is not ashamed.

Except that Vance is not a Christian, unless he was saved as a child when in protestantism or pentacostalism. Catholicism is anti-thesis to Christianity. As for Trump, he does not act like a Christian so for folks to doubt it is understandable. I realize that you are fully convinced of it and that's fine. But just as you wish to be allowed to vocalize your belief that DT is Christian, so must you be gracious to allow those who either don't believe it or aren't sure to vocalize. 

The Bible tells us how Christians are to comport themselves, so that the world can see our Father and glorify Him. Righteous judgment (based on scripture, not feelings) is quite possible - and it is something missing from much of Christianity today. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying TGL is judging righteous judgment. I think he's simply stirring the pot - right TGL? - but with concern about how this country is going. Just because it's not the same way others go about it doesn't mean it isn't genuine concern.

Be very careful of accusing somebody you do not know of being proud and unrepentant because you do not agree with them. You are new, and it is true that it doesn't mean you can't see things. However, that newness also means that you have not experienced TGL's postings. He drives a few folks crazy because they think he posts negativity...and yet, his posts garner much attention. He posts for reactions and he gets them. That's what folks don't understand.  If folks disagree with him, the best way to handle it is ignore him.

I'm glad you are here, and I'm glad you are concerned with how Christians are to comport themselves. I hope you give TGL time for you to see what I'm talking about. =D

@TheGloryLand - as I mentioned in my earlier post, make sure of your facts before you post them. And maybe slow down on the pot stirring.

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

Except that Vance is not a Christian, unless he was saved as a child when in protestantism or pentacostalism. Catholicism is anti-thesis to Christianity. As for Trump, he does not act like a Christian so for folks to doubt it is understandable. I realize that you are fully convinced of it and that's fine. But just as you wish to be allowed to vocalize your belief that DT is Christian, so must you be gracious to allow those who either don't believe it or aren't sure to vocalize. 

The Bible tells us how Christians are to comport themselves, so that the world can see our Father and glorify Him. Righteous judgment (based on scripture, not feelings) is quite possible - and it is something missing from much of Christianity today. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying TGL is judging righteous judgment. I think he's simply stirring the pot - right TGL? - but with concern about how this country is going. Just because it's not the same way others go about it doesn't mean it isn't genuine concern.

Be very careful of accusing somebody you do not know of being proud and unrepentant because you do not agree with them. You are new, and it is true that it doesn't mean you can't see things. However, that newness also means that you have not experienced TGL's postings. He drives a few folks crazy because they think he posts negativity...and yet, his posts garner much attention. He posts for reactions and he gets them. That's what folks don't understand.  If folks disagree with him, the best way to handle it is ignore him.

I'm glad you are here, and I'm glad you are concerned with how Christians are to comport themselves. I hope you give TGL time for you to see what I'm talking about. =D

@TheGloryLand - as I mentioned in my earlier post, make sure of your facts before you post them. And maybe slow down on the pot stirring.

You misunderstand my post. Perhaps read it again. 

I believe Donald is my brother.  I have never stated anything that could remotely be inferred as having no tolerance nor respect for those who believe differently.

I am under no obligation to respect nor agree slander and defamation are acceptable,  be tolerated, or excused.  TGL does not disagree Donald Trump is Christian.  TGL posts falsity he thinks shows DT himself saying he is not a Christian.

And from what has been posted by at least one other in this thread, false witness is typical of TGL. Yet, it is let to persist.  

And as a side note, many Catholics I know would disagree they are not Christian. As I've said before, God knows who are his own.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Danielle said:

You misunderstand my post. Perhaps read it again. 

I believe Donald is my brother.  I have never stated anything that could remotely be inferred as having no tolerance nor respect for those who believe differently.

I am under no obligation to respect nor agree slander and defamation are acceptable,  be tolerated, or excused.  TGL does not disagree Donald Trump is Christian.  TGL posts falsity he thinks shows DT himself saying he is not a Christian.

And from what has been posted by at least one other in this thread, false witness is typical of TGL. Yet, it is let to persist.  

And as a side note, many Catholics I know would disagree they are not Christian. As I've said before, God knows who are his own.

My reading comprehension is stellar, thank you. I did not misunderstand anything. Mayhap you should read mine again. I never said you inferred or stated anything as having no tolerance...your words did it for you.

I'm not concerned with whether or not Catholics think they are Christian. I am concerned with what the BIBLE says. The Catholic religion is a false one and those who place their faith in that doctrine are not saved. Period. 

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion...you seem to want to be abrasive and combative and I'm not interested in that. Have a nice evening. Oh, just one other thing: you are under obligation to respect what the administrators ask of you. 

____

I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic. I've asked TGL to stop, but apparently that's not enough for some.