• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"revival" in Lakeland, Fl

• Members

Is anyone paying attention to the crazy happenings in Lakeland, Fl? Some guy named Todd Bentley is attracting thousands with that same old angel driven, his words not mine, healings and "annoitings"

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/01/lakeland-revival-attracting-national-attention

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

<<"I believe he is a genuine guy and has been used in many places since his ministry began. But of course, mainstream folks will consider him off the wall because of his appearance and background.">>

I suppose I'm some of the main stream folks he is speaking of.

Sounds like another false teaching faith healer who does not preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Members

Florida is the Scam Artist Capitol of the World!

I have watched all of the various apostate ministries come through here - you otta see the crowds Joel Olsteen draws when he comes to St. Pete - at $50 a head no less! Joyce Meyers, Benny Hinn, they all LOVE Florida! Not only do they charge admission prices, they all set up their little book signings right in th elobby too. SO they are like the money lenders at the temple in my way of thinking.

Most of the people of Florida do not even know who God really is and they chase after every false prophet that comes down here for a vacation, it seems. Yet, when you present them with the true gospel, you hurt their feelings because they don't want to give up their sinful ways and follow Jesus!

• Members

He claims to have gone to heaven and conversed with the Apostle Paul and says that Jesus appeared to Him in the flesh. His emphasis is on intimacy with God. Salvation does involve a personal relationship with the living Lord Jesus Christ. The danger I see is that they are putting experience above everything including Scripture.

Satan likes to counterfeit the workings of God in revivals. I thank we should be very careful and look at the fruit of this movement and its teachings.

God Bless
John

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My husband and I just heard about this guy and did a little research on the internet. It really doesn't take much research to see where this guy is coming from. He readily admits he was involved in the occult before he was "saved". We found it all quite disturbing because he has a massive following and yet, he is so obviously a false teacher......it is very blatant. He is/has been taking his teachings to other countries already outside of North America. Following is a link to Todd Bentley saying he was demon possessed AFTER he got saved. When I watched a few clips of his stuff on-line.........he still looks demon possessed to me. When he walks around the stage (or crawls or whatever) and he says something that appears to glorify Jesus Christ, he starts shaking his head back and forth (like he's saying "no") constantly, and in other earlier videos he also does the satanic salute frequently as he switches the mic from hand to hand and uses his hands to "illustrate" as he talks. He also has numerous tattoos on his arms and neck--some are flames and other strange images that he got AFTER he was in the "ministry"--not to mention all of his body piercings. The following link is enough proof for me, but there are MANY videos of him at his conferences that you can see posted on the internet to see him on the stage in action. If you know someone following this guy's teachings..............expose this deceiver to them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtSK9TyduR4

Guest Guest

I haven't seen this guy yet, but...we had a man awhile back going from church to church (The Catholic churches in particular) doing all sorts of crazy "faith healing" acts. He actually, is a doctor, and then got involved with this. :loco I believe it was 2 years ago...Cleveland, OH. He was on the news making all kinds of money. People were coming in the droves to "get healed" by him. Sad, that they felt this man could smack them on the head...push them over to the floor...and everything was all better? Very sad, indeed. :sad I would think that people might use good ole' common sense, and think that they might get a sever headache or something from all the drama. I just don't know? :puzzled: There is all kinds of nonsense going on in the world. Don't get me going on the "satan" man. He loves to display the mark of the beast everywhere he goes. :eek He has many followers. Just another cult arising.

candlelight

• Members

The problem is this is getting huge. Many young people will not see how evil this man is. It is obvious to me but so many are looking for something they can see. I have read many blogs about him and the one thing that is for sure to me is this man is imparting evil onto people. At these rallies people say he hits them and they can't get up and if they are standing they can't stand up straight. Remember the demon possesed women who Jesus healed it said she was made straight this tells me something about what Bentley is doing.

Luke 13:13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

• Members

Heard he kicked a lady in the face to heal her. Perhaps he should read his bible... Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.