• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Lords Day And In Person vs. Cyber-Services.

BrotherTony

• Members

With the delta and other coronavirus variants popping up, is your church still holding "in person" services? Are they doing cyber services as well? If so, which service do you partake in? I know many churches in our area are still going strong on the "in person" services, but also provide online services for those who have underlying conditions, or who can't make it to the service. Some see the reversion back to online services as a hinderance...I, however, see it as an opportunity to reach others who would never be reached. I would prefer in person services, but, it's not always possible. 

1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

With the delta and other coronavirus variants popping up, is your church still holding "in person" services? Are they doing cyber services as well? If so, which service do you partake in? I know many churches in our area are still going strong on the "in person" services, but also provide online services for those who have underlying conditions, or who can't make it to the service. Some see the reversion back to online services as a hinderance...I, however, see it as an opportunity to reach others who would never be reached. I would prefer in person services, but, it's not always possible. 

Currently we are doing both, meeting together and continuing on Zoom so people who cannot attend in person can be part of the worship service. We have one member who is living for several months with her daughter some 500 miles away. Others who cannot be physically in the church building can worship with us also via Zoom.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Currently we are doing both, meeting together and continuing on Zoom so people who cannot attend in person can be part of the worship service. We have one member who is living for several months with her daughter some 500 miles away. Others who cannot be physically in the church building can worship with us also via Zoom.

I'm finding many churches are still doing the online services. I'm not totally sure if ours is or not. They were sporadically doing it before, but I believe they stopped. But, now that we've had two people come down with the delta variant, I know they've discussed going back to online as well. I don't believe we'll ever go back to totally online services unless forced to do so by the state.

This is not on Sunday, the Lord's Day, but Thursday, but it is pretty well on-topic. We have a Zoom "Prayer and Share" session each Thursday evening. It is certainly better attended than any night sessions we had in the church building before the pandemic set in. We meet together about an hour. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

This is not on Sunday, the Lord's Day, but Thursday, but it is pretty well on-topic. We have a Zoom "Prayer and Share" session each Thursday evening. It is certainly better attended than any night sessions we had in the church building before the pandemic set in. We meet together about an hour. 

That would be a good way for some rural churches here to have services. Most services in SBC churches here are at 6 PM on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Many can't get to the services at that time because of their jobs not letting them out of work until after 4:30 PM. Many people work over an hour from home in this area, and it's not uncommon for people, like my wife, to get home until right at 6 PM. This makes it extremely hard for us to attend services on Wednesday. Sunday services in the evening have been discontinued for adults. The youth still have theirs. Sunday mornings have been moved back to  9:30 AM for SS, and 10:30 AM for church, which usually lets out between 11:30 AM and 12 noon. This was supposed to have been done in the interest of helping those who had to drive the vans to take people home from services to be able to spend more time with family in the afternoons.

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

We've always had our services available via Livestream. Also, if Walmart can be open, we WILL be open.

Here it's if Waffle House is open, we should be opened as well. Walmart here was closed to inside business for a short while...it was drive-up service only. Now it's "show me your vaccination card." and they'll soon be posting their "brown shirts" at the doors!