• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does the Rapture of the Church happen Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, or Post Tribulation?

• Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You sound more like much of your theology is "reformed" theology. That being said, can I take it that you're a Calvinist? It''s a big off-subject, but will help me further understand your position. My wife and I attend an SBC-affiliated church, and we're finding that many of the pastors in the fellowship of the SBC are leaning "reformed" and Calvinist in theology. Many of these pastors, evangelists, missionaries, and college professors are preaching and teaching these things in their pulpits and in the seminary classrooms. 

I am not a Calvinist nor Reformed. I presented scripture and very little commentary.

I am also not a Replacement Theology proponent and I do not follow Steven Anderson.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

I am not a Calvinist nor Reformed. I presented scripture and very little commentary.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I noticed Scripture...yet, we find that those who do believe in a pre-tribulation, or mid-tribulation rapture have Scripture that supports their position as well. So, you, being an Independent, Fundamental Baptist discount dispensationalism, especially where it leads to no rapture...correct? This is just for clarification. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I noticed Scripture...yet, we find that those who do believe in a pre-tribulation, or mid-tribulation rapture have Scripture that supports their position as well. So, you, being an Independent, Fundamental Baptist discount dispensationalism, especially where it leads to no rapture...correct? This is just for clarification. 

I don't see a pre-trib rapture. I have read Dwight Pentecost's Thing to Come and many other authors, but I still don't see it. It bothers me a great deal that my end times views seem to be only common with Calvinists.

Edited by Joe Chandler

• Members
1 minute ago, Joe Chandler said:

I don't see a pre-trib rapture. I have read Dwight Pentecost's Thing to Come and many other authors, but I still don't see it. 

I've heard arguments for all three positions, and was briefly being disciplined by the college I went to for studying the positions for my thesis for the year, which was the End Times. They confiscated all my papers, my books, etc.,, that had to do with the subject and told me to stop studying this subject...to stop attending some of the lectures of the mid-trib and post-trib positions. I grew up in a pretribulation rapture church, so I knew that position. I thought Bible college was where we were supposed to study these things out....guess I was wrong! LOL 

• Members
1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

I've heard arguments for all three positions, and was briefly being disciplined by the college I went to for studying the positions for my thesis for the year, which was the End Times. They confiscated all my papers, my books, etc.,, that had to do with the subject and told me to stop studying this subject...to stop attending some of the lectures of the mid-trib and post-trib positions. I grew up in a pretribulation rapture church, so I knew that position. I thought Bible college was where we were supposed to study these things out....guess I was wrong! LOL 

Yup. My views are anathema to almost all my friends. I believed the pre-trib view for 20 + years.