• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Say no to Mcdonalds

• Members

There are places where saying anything "anti-homosexual" is considered to be "hate". There are constant attempts to add homosexuality to existing "hate crime" laws, making them a protected "minority".

Of course, in Candada and some European countries it's already illegal to speak out against homosexuality.

These "Christian" nations keep legalizing homosexuality and pushing to make it "normal".

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We are suppose to be good stewards with God's money that he trust us with. We surely are not suppose to spend it in support of known sin.

So if you are spending money supporting a company that is known to support sin, your not being very wise.

So even there being nothing in the Bible about boycotting companies that support sin, there is no doubt spending you money support sin is against the will of God.

But man loves to take the path of least resistance, its so easy just to go out and spend our money anywhere, but it takes efforts for you to be a good steward of the money that God gives you, man hates to make those extra efforts, but hey, the rewards will be great so the effort is worth while.

• Members
Your choice. There are no Bible passages on boycotting companies - so I was simply sharing my opinion on the issue as you were doing.

I see I didn't word my statement very carefully. My point was that there are no Scriptures directly for or against boycotting - so anything you, I or anyone else in this thread have to offer on boycotting is just opinion. I am not supporting sin - I just don't see the purpose of refusing to eat at McDonald's, but then going across the street to Wendy's and buying the same products, in a similar environment where they are also supporting evil (whatever the toy of the month is).

• Members
But man loves to take the path of least resistance, its so easy just to go out and spend our money anywhere, but it takes efforts for you to be a good steward of the money that God gives you, man hates to make those extra efforts, but hey, the rewards will be great so the effort is worth while.

Actually, what I am speaking about is definitely not the path of least resistance. It involves doing research, praying for wisdom - and benig consistent overall. That is certainly a harder line than you are drawing.

• Members

If we refused to do business with any business that supported some sin we wouldn't be about to do business with any of these companies.

Most companies have some connection to alcohol, pro-homosexual causes, pro-abortion groups, etc.

How do we buy gas when every gas station sells alcohol?

When various organizations post the list of companies who support horrible things I've noticed that virtually every company I've ever heard of is on all of these lists.

Where an option exists I'll take it. However, for the vast majority of things, there are no options these days.

• Members
If we refused to do business with any business that supported some sin we wouldn't be about to do business with any of these companies.

Most companies have some connection to alcohol, pro-homosexual causes, pro-abortion groups, etc.

How do we buy gas when every gas station sells alcohol?

When various organizations post the list of companies who support horrible things I've noticed that virtually every company I've ever heard of is on all of these lists.

Where an option exists I'll take it. However, for the vast majority of things, there are no options these days.

Ever gas station sells alcohol?

Some how I have not noticed that.

But of course I chose many years ago to live where alcohol is not sold. Having done so, I did not make near as much money as I would have if I had made the other choice. The wife and I turned down the money job in the big city back in 1969 to live in a small quite town to raise any children that the Lord might give us.

We have many options.

Jerry, who said anything about going across the street and eating at Wendy's?

• Members

I live in a small town in a very rural county. All of the independent gas stations have been run out of business by the big companies and they all sell alcohol and cigarettes. I can't remember the last time I saw a gas station that didn't sell alcohol and ciagarettes.

The grocery stores do the same.

The major corporations who own all these "local" businesses are supporters of all sorts of sinful and liberal agendas, groups and causes.

There is still one "dry" town in this area but it's filled with drunks! They drive the seven miles to the college town, load their cars down with booze and bring it home. The mayor of that dry town was caught passed (from drinking too much) out in a Burger King parking lot in that college town early one morning by the local cops. :roll

Guest Guest

Anyone else seen or read the book "Fast Food America" and I do not promote it kids stay away but it will make you boycott all processed meat.

• Members

[quote="Jerry80871852"]

We are suppose to be good stewards with God's money that he trust us with. We surely are not suppose to spend it in support of known sin.

So if you are spending money supporting a company that is known to support sin, your not being very wise.

So even there being nothing in the Bible about boycotting companies that support sin, there is no doubt spending you money support sin is against the will of God.

But man loves to take the path of least resistance, its so easy just to go out and spend our money anywhere, but it takes efforts for you to be a good steward of the money that God gives you, man hates to make those extra efforts, but hey, the rewards will be great so the effort is worth while.[/quote]
And while you are at it you should stop paying your taxes cause the biggest entity that subsidizes sin in this country is the federal government, and they do it with your tax dollars.

C

Guest Guest
Check and see how many professing Christens believe your saved by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ, we are the minority in this world, also the minority among professing Christians.

Any man that run for president and stood solid on Fundamental Baptist teaching would get few votes.

Sadly, satistics prove now that 56% of Evangelical Christians believe that there is more than one way to Heaven. :sad II Timothy 4:3-4...For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I know what you mean Jerry, but...whose fault is this? The unsaved? No...it is our fault, for allowing this to happen. Where are Christ's soldiers? Men complain...yet, they sit back and watch this happen? Where are the cowboys?

candlelight

• Members
Sadly, satistics prove now that 56% of Evangelical Christians believe that there is more than one way to Heaven.

Goes to show you that they really are not evangelical nor Christian.

Jerry, who said anything about going across the street and eating at Wendy's?

I was just attempting to give an example. If you boycott ALL fast food chains, then my example obviously wouldn't apply to you.

What happens if Pepsi is the next company to publicly support homosexuals? Would you stop buying ALL their products, or just the ones you don't use regularly anyway? If you say you would stop buying ALL their products, that would include Minute Maid juices, Gatorade, many other juices and pops, General Mills and Quaker products (I might have the cereal groups mixed up - but either way, they do own various companies of that nature), and many other food products. Then what if Coca Cola follows suit? Would you stop buying food and any kind of beverage? You have to live and eat somehow. Eventually every company (except for perhaps some non-chain privately owned company) is going to be against the truth, to stand for some sort of wickedness - where will you draw the line?

• Members

Doesn't Pepsi and Coke already support homosexual causes?

I've seen lists of companies that support various homosexual causes and I'm pretty sure both those companies were listed; along with virtually every other large company.

As you have pointed out, many large companies are actually owned by even larger companies. Virtually all of the larger companies support homosexual causes, as do a great many of the just plain old large companies. They are all tied together to the point where one would be hard pressed to live if they attempted to boycott them all.

Also, are only some sins they support worthy of boycott or all of them? What about all of these companies that have ties to alcohol, cigarettes, abortion, etc.?

I've been reading about Billy Sunday and it's amazing how he brought about so much change across America by preaching the Word of God and winning lost sinners to Christ. Across the country Billy won politicians to the Lord who enacted laws outlawing booze. Across the country Billy won so many drunkards to the Lord that saloons were forced out of business because of lack of patrons.

What's more, if one looks to America's past, it wasn't only Billy Sunday who brought about such changes when they took the Word of God to the lost and preached it boldly. Sam Jones and many others would enter a sin ravaged town, preach the Gospel boldly, win scores to the Lord each day/night they were there, and by the time they left, saloons were closed down, houses of prostitution were out of business, etc.

All of this accomplished by the power of the Holy Ghost! No scheming to get certain kinds of judges put on the bench. No voting for "lesser evil" politicians to try and get some little thing done. Just all out, by the Bible, Holy Ghost empowered preaching the Gospel to lost sinners!

Guest Guest

So true, Jerry...except, these people actually "think" they are Christians. They believe what they are being taught from the pulpets of these "weak" doctrinely sound churches. :sad The pastors allow all kinds of events to entertain these people instead of being theologically correct in their teaching. Acts 20: 29-31...For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. KJV 1611 AV. The Apostle Paul's Farewell to Ephesus.

candlelight