• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Say no to Mcdonalds

Guest Guest

Burger King is a supporter of the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, too. We don't eat at McDonalds or BK now... but it's ok because whenever we eat out, we usually go to somewhere a little better than fast food, like a Mexican restaurant or something.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How about Whataburger, they're better than both McDonalds & Burger King, in fact I've gotten some of the best hamburgers I've had at Whataburger.

Some places might be fancier and be more prestigious than Whataburger, but their burger are no better and prestige means nothing to me.

• Members

Does it really matter if you eat there or not? Practically every fast food chain, grocery store, major food or beverage company (such as Coca Cola or Pepsi), etc. endorses something that is ungodly. Will you stop eating and drinking? Pepsi has a Yin Yang right on their main product - both Pepsi and Coke have put out products with New Age labels or advertising - have you stopped completely buying Pop and most juice (Minute Maid is owned by Pepsi)? Will you stop eating all fast food - as probably every fast food outlet supports Hollywood's latest corrupt movie/cartoon, marketing New Age toys. I can guarantee that most of these "children's" cartoons have references to homosexuality in it (Disney and their offshoots are famous for their suggestiveness in their children's cartoons) - so maybe a particular chain does not directly endorse homosexuality, but they promote a cartoon that is New Age and sexually suggestive.

Go ahead - take a stand. I am not saying don't; however, are you being consistent or just standing against the "Christian" controversy of the month? If you truly want to stand against evil and those who endorse it, stop buying Pepsi and Coke (for example), all their products - whether in a fast food restaurant OR grocery store - oh yeah, Pepsi also owns various cereal companies, health food products (granola bars, energy bars), Gatorade... maybe we should just stop eating...

• Members

With the economy the way it is, I have been making picnic lunches to take when we travel. You can cook hot dogs real easy in a thermos bottle - all you do is fill the thermos with hot dogs and then pour boiling water into the thermos. Then take it with you. Whenever you are ready to eat, just open the thermos and serve. Fresh fruits travel well, and so do good old fashionied sandwiches. I freeze water and home brewed iced tea in half- gallon milk jugs and pack those too - they help to keep the cooler cold.

We have plenty of healthy good food to eat, without it costing a lot of money - and those other places can support whomever they choose to support - but they are not getting any of my money!

When I was a kid, we never ate out any where - if we wanted a flame broiled hamburger - we had a cook out!

• Members

Taking an inconsistent stand will not make a difference. Who would it send a message to? Oh, you won't buy this article from this store - but you will go across the street and buy it from another one - maybe we just need to change our marketing.

• Members
Does it really matter if you eat there or not? Practically every fast food chain, grocery store, major food or beverage company (such as Coca Cola or Pepsi), etc. endorses something that is ungodly. Will you stop eating and drinking? Pepsi has a Yin Yang right on their main product - both Pepsi and Coke have put out products with New Age labels or advertising - have you stopped completely buying Pop and most juice (Minute Maid is owned by Pepsi)? Will you stop eating all fast food - as probably every fast food outlet supports Hollywood's latest corrupt movie/cartoon, marketing New Age toys. I can guarantee that most of these "children's" cartoons have references to homosexuality in it (Disney and their offshoots are famous for their suggestiveness in their children's cartoons) - so maybe a particular chain does not directly endorse homosexuality, but they promote a cartoon that is New Age and sexually suggestive.

Go ahead - take a stand. I am not saying don't; however, are you being consistent or just standing against the "Christian" controversy of the month? If you truly want to stand against evil and those who endorse it, stop buying Pepsi and Coke (for example), all their products - whether in a fast food restaurant OR grocery store - oh yeah, Pepsi also owns various cereal companies, health food products (granola bars, energy bars), Gatorade... maybe we should just stop eating...

:goodpost:

There are some things we can boycott where we may be able to bring about some positive change but there is no way we can boycott all things that have a connection to evil and no way we can impact most of these.

For a smaller company or something local it's possible to bring enough boycott and publicity pressure to bring about change. When it comes to the large corporation, unless others are boycotting too, we Christians simply don't have the numbers and clout to make a boycott hurt them.

As you pointed out, virtually every major company supports immoral, ungodly causes. These major companies tend to own or be a partner with dozens of other companies. Were we to boycott them all we would be hard pressed to be able to shop in any store or buy much of anything.

When one looks at the list of sponsors and supporters of various immoral and ungodly causes it soon becomes clear that nearly every corporation and company is involved.

For the most part, outside of the more conservative Christian circles, all of this is a non-issue. The average person going to McDonalds (or another place) has no idea who that company donates money to and they don't really care.

We can best work to bring about change by doing what we can to win souls to Christ.

• Members

We can witness to all the McDonald's employees - get enough of them saved, and there would be an internal boycott - rather than just a different clientelle.

Guest Guest

[quote="John81"][quote="Jerry"]We can witness to all the McDonald's employees - get enough of them saved, and there would be an internal boycott - rather than just a different clientelle.[/quote]

:thumb :amen:[/quote]

Oh...many of them do receive gospel tracts through the drive through window...and, at the counter. That is where it started for me...with a gospel tract, that is. :thumb I do, however, agree that Christians need to "take a stand" by using this opportunity as a way to win these souls to Christ...one soul at a time.

candlelight

• Members

[quote="Jerry"]Taking an inconsistent stand will not make a difference. Who would it send a message to? Oh, you won't buy this article from this store - but you will go across the street and buy it from another one - maybe we just need to change our marketing.[/quote]

So your saying everyones stand is inconsistent? That is being veyr judgmental of many people whose life you know nothing about.

Why would it send a message? The only way to reach the lost and dying in this world is through their pocketbooks, they do not care the least bit what is right in the sight of God. Loss of money will be the only thing that will get their attention.

Seems like I remember Wal-Mart changing their tune last year and let Merry Christmas back in. If everyone had your attitude that taking a stand would do no good this would not have happened.

• Members

[quote="kevinmiller"][quote="John81"][quote="kevinmiller"][quote="John81"][quote="kevinmiller"][quote="John81"]With gas and grocery prices so high I don't have any money left over to go out to eat. :sad

No surprise about McDonald's though. Many of these major corporations are run by liberals and are quick to support liberal causes. In fact, McD's has done this for years, just like others, but without much notice.[/quote]
You should come to Korea, you won't find any homosexuals and you can get around without a car(though if you have one you'll be paying $6 a gallon for gas). :wink[/quote]

Does that mean you'll keep me supplied in Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese? :Green[/quote]
lol, if you come to our city. Of course, you'd have to be willing to attend a Presbyterian church and you'll have to wait until they finish building the McDonalds here. :tum[/quote]

Let me know when the McDonalds is ready to serve! If the Presby church is doctrinally sound I can handle going there with you so long as I get that supply of burgers! :tum[/quote]
:lol:
I'll let you know when it's finished. :wink
The doctrine is Presbyterian so baptism is off and they're Calvinist but you would absolutely love the people. You can take my word on that. :smile[/quote]

That is nothing to joke about you actually want something like that to succeed?

• Members

[quote="John81"][quote="Jerry"]Does it really matter if you eat there or not? Practically every fast food chain, grocery store, major food or beverage company (such as Coca Cola or Pepsi), etc. endorses something that is ungodly. Will you stop eating and drinking? Pepsi has a Yin Yang right on their main product - both Pepsi and Coke have put out products with New Age labels or advertising - have you stopped completely buying Pop and most juice (Minute Maid is owned by Pepsi)? Will you stop eating all fast food - as probably every fast food outlet supports Hollywood's latest corrupt movie/cartoon, marketing New Age toys. I can guarantee that most of these "children's" cartoons have references to homosexuality in it (Disney and their offshoots are famous for their suggestiveness in their children's cartoons) - so maybe a particular chain does not directly endorse homosexuality, but they promote a cartoon that is New Age and sexually suggestive.

Go ahead - take a stand. I am not saying don't; however, are you being consistent or just standing against the "Christian" controversy of the month? If you truly want to stand against evil and those who endorse it, stop buying Pepsi and Coke (for example), all their products - whether in a fast food restaurant OR grocery store - oh yeah, Pepsi also owns various cereal companies, health food products (granola bars, energy bars), Gatorade... maybe we should just stop eating...[/quote]

:goodpost:

There are some things we can boycott where we may be able to bring about some positive change [u]but there is no way we can boycott all things that have a connection to evil and no way we can impact most of these[/u].

For a smaller company or something local it's possible to bring enough boycott and publicity pressure to bring about change. When it comes to the large corporation, unless others are boycotting too, we Christians simply don't have the numbers and clout to make a boycott hurt them.

As you pointed out, virtually every major company supports immoral, ungodly causes. These major companies tend to own or be a partner with dozens of other companies. Were we to boycott them all we would be hard pressed to be able to shop in any store or buy much of anything.

When one looks at the list of sponsors and supporters of various immoral and ungodly causes it soon becomes clear that nearly every corporation and company is involved.

For the most part, outside of the more conservative Christian circles, all of this is a non-issue. The average person going to McDonalds (or another place) has no idea who that company donates money to and they don't really care.

We can best work to bring about change by doing what we can to win souls to Christ.[/quote]

There might be, but who wants to make that much of a sacrifice for our Lord?

One main problem, we just don't want to make a sacrifice that will cause us to suffer and or do without anything, please notice I included myself in this.

We all are in love with the modern conveniences, time saving devises and would hate to go without them.

Guest Guest

:goodpost::amen: Yes...WalMart did change their tune! So, why can't McDonalds? Ford Motor sales were down drastically b/c of the boycot.

When my neighbor...whom we have been witnessing to...bought a Ford truck, during all of this...I told him about the Homosexuality issue. He almost fell over. Little did I know at the time...that he wife has become a Lesbian and moved out a month ago. The poor guy. BTW, he is a very conservative RCC man who is pro-NRA and pro-life.

Not to :hijack: this thread, but...there is no difference to me...in the politicians running for president. People don't want to vote for John MCcain...b/c he is the "lesser" of the two evils? Aren't we dealing with the same thing...as some American voters want to sit in their homes and "boycot" the election in November? JMO.

candlelight

• Members

[quote="Jerry80871852"][b]So your saying everyones stand is inconsistent?[/b] That is being veyr judgmental of many people whose life you know nothing about.[/quote]

Actually, no I didn't. I was saying if we are not willing to stand against all the products that a company produces or all companies that have anything to do with those products, we are not sending an effective message - but rather just taking a stand that is convenient for us. If you stand against McDonald's because of their stand on homosexuality, but then go eat at other fastfood restaurants that are promoting the latest Disney (or the various affiliates of it) cartoon (for example) with its homosexual suggestiveness, then you are neither being consistent nor effective in your stand against homosexuality.

[quote]Seems like I remember Wal-Mart changing their tune last year and let Merry Christmas back in. If everyone had your attitude that taking a stand would do no good this would not have happened.[/quote]

And you are trying to tell me that Walmart has somehow gotten more godly? Not likely. They sell whatever makes them money. Last time I was there, they had every kind of movie, video game, music for sale. They might have changed what they play across their speakers (if that is what you are referring to), but they are just as worldly as any other large chain of stores.