Jump to content
Online Baptist

Is anyone an NBA fan?


Recommended Posts

  • Members
On 3/6/2017 at 11:43 PM, Orval said:

I have been addicted to basketball since I was 12 years old and follow both college and NBA but I am a huge fan of the NBA.  Does anyone other than myself follow the NBA closely?

I used to but started paying much attention when they started to air almost every game on TNT and other cable channels.

I was a huge Knicks fan back when Marcus Camby (my favorite player) played for them. I'm in Indiana but don't care much for the Pacers.

Who is your favorite team/player?

I really enjoy watching Stephen Curry play. His style is so unique and scoring seems effortless for him!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
30 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I used to but started paying much attention when they started to air almost every game on TNT and other cable channels.

I was a huge Knicks fan back when Marcus Camby (my favorite player) played for them. I'm in Indiana but don't care much for the Pacers.

Who is your favorite team/player?

I really enjoy watching Stephen Curry play. His style is so unique and scoring seems effortless for him!

I have several favorite teams as well as coaches and players.  I suppose I still enjoy watching Chicago above all teams but I have been a lifetime Celtics fan as well as Lakers during the Kobe era not so much after he left.  Favorite players are those who still play the game of basketball using the basics.  Meaning that I don't care for the arrogant athleticism of most American players.  John Wall, Kwi Leonard, Rajon Rondo (I know), Westbrook, Willy Hernangomez and his brother Juan at Denver, Dwayne Wade, Pau Gasol and a few others like Dirk at Dallas. I just enjoy watching them use their minds as well as their talent. I would like to see the big mans role return to the NBA as right now the guards and the three point line have distracted from true basketball.

Good to hear from you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

I was recently watching the 30 for 30 documentary about the Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" team. I remember watching them when I was very young, but I didn't realize how dirty they played until I watched the documentary. I couldn't believe how physical they played (compared to today), and some of the harsh fouls they got away with. The refs would never let a team play that physically passionate today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Luke Longley - the only man to consistently shut down the Shaq (at least, as much as anyone could)

And he is a Perth guy - part owner of the aforementioned Wildcats.

I am afraid I've never been much of an NBA guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
3 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I was recently watching the 30 for 30 documentary about the Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" team. I remember watching them when I was very young, but I didn't realize how dirty they played until I watched the documentary. I couldn't believe how physical they played (compared to today), and some of the harsh fouls they got away with. The refs would never let a team play that physically passionate today.

I played football in high school and coached both Jr. and high school football for nearly 10 years apart from broken bones I have seen much worse injuries on the basketball court, including eyes, noses, ears, ankles, groin, even facial surgery from elbows it is indeed a physical sport.  Dirty is a questionable word in professional sports it is called a foul when one player gains an advantage over another player by the use of force.  Todays players cry every time they get held or hand checked and the young guys today think they are the best ever, have you ever watched Lebron cry when he gets hit hard?  Go back and watch the old games see how many times Jordan was held or Magic and Bird hammered each other or Barkley and Oakley go even further back and watch Chamberlain and Bill Russell wrestle for position.  Fact is athleticism is on the rise in basketball but not real manliness in my opinion of course.  ha ha  

Edited by Orval
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DaveW said:

Luke Longley - the only man to consistently shut down the Shaq (at least, as much as anyone could)

And he is a Perth guy - part owner of the aforementioned Wildcats.

I am afraid I've never been much of an NBA guy.

Karl Malone. Shaq said he was the only player in the league that could match up with him physically in the paint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
21 minutes ago, fastjav390 said:

Karl Malone. Shaq said he was the only player in the league that could match up with him physically in the paint.

Fair enough - but Luc was the only guy I watched. (Because he's an Aussie)

I saw him frustrate Shaq a couple of times, and he was instrumental in a number of big finals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...