• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Encouragement for the New Year

Invicta

• Members

Joshua 1:6  

Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7  Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

• Members

Be Strong and of a Good Courage

Joshua 1:6-9

1.  Be Strong and of a Good Courage – To fulfill the Lord’s calling on your life.

Joshua 1:6 – “Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.”

2.  Be Strong and of a Good Courage – To obey the Lord’s commandments in your life.

Joshua 1:7a – “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee.”

A.  Such obedience means not turning in disobedience either to the right or the left.

Joshua 1:7b – “Turn not from it to the right hand or to the left.”

B.  Such obedience means never neglecting God’s Word as the governing principle for your life.

Joshua 1:8a – “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth.”

C.  Such obedience means continually meditating in the truth and wisdom of God’s Word.

Joshua 1:8b – “But thou shalt meditate therein day and night.”

D.  Such obedience means seeking to follow every single thing that God has commanded you.

Joshua 1:8c – “That thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein.”

E.  Such obedience will bring forth success in fulfilling the Lord’s calling on your life.

Joshua 1:7c – “That thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.”

Joshua 1:8d – “For then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

(Note: In this context, “whithersoever thou goest” and “thy way” are equal to “unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land.”

3.  Be Strong and of a Good Courage – Because the Lord Himself is with you in these things.

Joshua 1:9a – “Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage.”

A.  Because the Lord Himself is with you it is wrong to be afraid or dismayed.

Joshua 1:9b – “Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed.”

B.  The Lord Himself will be with you specifically for you to fulfill His calling and commands.

Joshua 1:9c – “For the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle