• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you know any Armenians?

heartstrings

• Members

No, not Arminians....

Friday afternoon, I  sold some sheep to four guys from Armenia.  Unlike all the Arabs/Muslims I've dealt with these folks didn't try to negotiate the price other than to offer me MORE if I sold them what they wanted. They were a pleasure to deal with, paid me extra, and said they would be back for more. :)

• Members

No, not Arminians....

Friday afternoon, I  sold some sheep to four guys from Armenia.  Unlike all the Arabs/Muslims I've dealt with these folks didn't try to negotiate the price other than to offer me MORE if I sold them what they wanted. They were a pleasure to deal with, paid me extra, and said they would be back for more. :)

I visited my cousin and his wife, Janet. today and she is an Turkish Armenian.  She said the Turks called them Assyrians, they called themselves Syriac (they have a Christian tradition and were persecuted by the Turks, There is a picture of her grandmother pointing to a well where several hundred Christians were murdered and thrown down it.) The elder at my daughter's previous church who is a Turkish Cypriot said to her once "You didn't tell me your cousin was a Kurd."

When they first married Janet was used to the eastern custom of women serving the men, and not eating after the men had finished.  While she didn't practice that over here, she would not eat herself until the guests had finished, or if she did, was always jumping up to asked if the guests needed anything.  They have now been married forty years and she is not quite like that now.