• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Post Was Locked?

The Glory Land

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't be surprised, TGL. There is a clear agenda against me. Every thread I post truth in, the thread is locked. They can't prove my teachings wrong, so they do the next best thing and lock the threads. No doubt, this one will soon also be locked since I have now responded in it too.

My my...you are quite the martyr aren't you?

The only one I can see with a clear agenda here is YOU - every thread on tithing or Pastor's receiving any kind of remuneration, you derail it, and then plead the martyr.

It is silly and childish in my view, and prevents the REST OF US from having any kind of meaningful discussion on the topics at hand. 

You act just like the political liberals - you take over the debate, reframe the debate in your own terminology, reject any and all counter-arguments, and then PRETEND that nobody "proved you wrong."  Well, we DID, and we HAVE IN THE PAST, and you have flat out rejected it, all the while pretending we never proved anything....

SIckening...

I love you as my brother in Christ, and thank God for all the other good things you contribute, and have done in the service of our Lord.  I just can't agree with you on your position or your antics regarding these two topics.

In Christ,

Standing Firm in Christ,

You are a good man, and I did agree with you, but you must rember in the beginning the membership was not yet formed and they did things different. Everyone to his own to survive.

Not Today, if there is the support, than it is o.k to receive. If a man don't work he does not eat.

My Pastor works every Sunday (morning and evening), Wednesday evening, visitation, Local church Bible Institute, coursework for out of country pastor training, etc.. He is constantly visiting the flock in hospitals. The preparation alone for the messages God wants him to give to the local church require work. I support him financially so that he is able to do this.

Some people think their pastor is on vacation 365 days a year. Here are some things to consider...

Acts 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

1 Timothy 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

Paul applauded giving for the furtherance of the ministry…

Philippians 4:16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

Liberality is offerings. Those who would call this sheep or cattle better be able to say they have it slaughtered and packaged ready for the pastor’s freezer (freezer they bought him at that).

1 Corinthians 16:3   And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.

2 Corinthians 8:2   How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

Paul exhorts the Corinthians in his 2nd epistle to them.

2 Corinthians 8:All

It all belongs to God, this is true, and 10% is so little to ask. Paul told the Corinthians it wasn’t a commandment. If you have to give specifically to the needs of the missionary then let it be counted as such.

2 Corinthians 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

2 Corinthians 8:11   Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.

Note the “sincerity of your love” is from giving and first giving oneself to Christ.

The longer I study Paul and the Apostles the easier it is to see we are to provide for our pastors and missionaries. None of these should have to come begging. God works through the hearts of men to supply the needs of his anointed.

• Administrators

Looking at that thread now, I see John posting this "This isn't edifying". You know what? He is right. That is why it was locked.

Regardless of who is the loudest, or who got their feelings hurt, when I thread becomes personal it gets locked. That is what I tell the Mods. People can blame it on theology all they want, it really has nothing to do with it.

• Administrators

But when the Mod closes the thread and in a parting jab says "You are wrong", it doesn't come across as that. It comes across as one last attack with no chance to defend.

I guess, I'm confused. Your point is about getting the last word in?

• Members

Not really about wanting to get the last word in.  It is about the truth being suppressed and my being told that I am wrong. 

Yes, Scripture has been given by others on both topics.  But using the same Scripture, (along with others) I showed that

1.  the monetary tithe is unScriptural
2.  pastors are supposed to work an outside job.

Archived