• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

1 Kings 19:10&14; context vss. 1-18

Being "jealous for the LORD" was it a good thing or a bad thing?

1 Kings 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
1 Kings 19:14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

Agreed, LuAnne - jealousy is single-minded devotion & should not be confused with envy which is covetousness.

2Cr 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.

Gen 26:14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.

Edited by Covenanter