• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Heart Monitor

irishman

• Members

A Heart Monitor

Did you ever have to wear a portable heart monitor? I did, and the Lord used it to teach me a very important truth that changed my life forever.

It began one day at work while I was working in the paint booth at General Motors. I went to the doctor later for chest pains, and was tested, and failed the treadmill test. I don’t remember the order of events, but while looking for the reason for the chest pains, they stuck a monitor on me. I had to wear it all day and record nearly every movement I made throughout the day. When I went down or up the stairs, I had to record the time and describe the activity in a notebook, so that the doctor could read the ekg and determine the stressful areas, etc. As I was on break one day, and was recording that I was relaxing I began to wonder if I could do this with my Bible time and activities that are pertinent to the Lord’s work. As I said, it changed my life. I began to record how much time I spent reading the Bible, and witnessing, and praising the Lord in song, and I was amazed at how easy it is to keep our minds on Holy things all the day long. Even while doing my jOB I could meditate on a verse, or sing a song in my heart to the Lord, and still get the jOB done. The entire experiment revolutionized my life from that moment on.

Let me ask you now, do you spend more time in the things of the Lord than you do reading the newspaper? Or how about amusements? Do you at least give the Lord equal time as hOBbies get, or sports, or anything of that nature? Or even reading a book? We can spend much more time dwelling on the things of God than we usually do—or even more than we think we can! Maybe you should write down the amount of time you spend in secular activity and the amount you spend in soul winning or reading or whatever the Lord would have you to do at the time, it may revolutionize your life too.