• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Book Suggestions?

• Members

I'm looking for some solid IFB approved books to read, outside of the bible of course.   I love reading theology and such, as I used to be eastern Orthodox.  And all we did was read books haha. 

So I'm looking for some good baptist books to read! What do you recommend?

• Members

David Cloud from Way of Life Literature has many good books, a lot of them are available for free too. Whatever quirks he has, he is still pretty good overall. He also has many free videos and powerpoints, plus literally hundreds of reports and  issues of O Timothy magazine. He is pretty good at documenting the sources for his quotes as well as showing where he gets his beliefs from out of the Bible. Even if you disagree with his conclusions, you can study out all the passages for yourself.

https://www.wayoflife.org/publications/all.php

• Members

I have a number of James Knox books that I find quite good: Books – THE BIBLE Baptist Church Store (jameswknox.org)

We also were introduced to Caleb Garraway earlier this year. I started going through his Echoes of Yesteryear books (sermons from D.L. Moody's Northfield Conferences) and am enjoying those. He has a number of other publications too, even some geared toward children. Remnant Publishing - Remnant Ministries (remnantministriesonline.com)

• Members
18 hours ago, Jerry said:

David Cloud from Way of Life Literature has many good books, a lot of them are available for free too. Whatever quirks he has, he is still pretty good overall. He also has many free videos and powerpoints, plus literally hundreds of reports and  issues of O Timothy magazine. He is pretty good at documenting the sources for his quotes as well as showing where he gets his beliefs from out of the Bible. Even if you disagree with his conclusions, you can study out all the passages for yourself.

https://www.wayoflife.org/publications/all.php

I've never heard of him, but if you guys approve! So many books for free! This will keep me busy for a while.  Thank you.  

9 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

I have a number of James Knox books that I find quite good: Books – THE BIBLE Baptist Church Store (jameswknox.org)

We also were introduced to Caleb Garraway earlier this year. I started going through his Echoes of Yesteryear books (sermons from D.L. Moody's Northfield Conferences) and am enjoying those. He has a number of other publications too, even some geared toward children. Remnant Publishing - Remnant Ministries (remnantministriesonline.com)

Oh awesome! I'm going though the site now.  Much appreciated 

• Members

David Cloud is IFB and KJV only. Pretty good overall. There are a couple of things I’ve disagreed with him in the last couple of years, but for the most part they are minor things.

Knox believed in the Gap Theory, fallen angels mating with the women in Genesis 6, and a few other (to me) concerning things. He also promotes some really weird views on Revelation, one which was pretty alarming (though I would want to rewatch the one main video that I had problems with so I don’t mix up what he said with another similar believer).