• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

First Baptist Church Dallas Texas Suffers Loss of Historic Sanctuary to Fire

• Members

Dr. Robert Jeffress and the First Baptist Church of Dallas Texas have suffered a fire that destroyed their historic Old Sanctuary. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-we-know-fire-breaks-out-at-first-baptist-church-of-dallas/ar-BB1qj1hU?ocid=BingNewsVerp

• Members

Not a problem, Brother. I have a few friends who have been on staff over the years. I learned of the fire as it was happening. My ex-BIL used to pastor an IFB church not far from FBCD. It's a sad thing. One good thing was that the pulpit in that sanctuary survived the fire. So many great preachers in the past have preached from that pulpit. 

• Members

Thank God, we worship the only God through Jesus Christ, who doesn’t live in any building yet. They will rebuild, and get some of that Insurance claim money, building a more modern and most likely a Mega Stadium. That is in style now 

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Thank God, we worship the only God through Jesus Christ, who doesn’t live in any building yet. They will rebuild, and get some of that Insurance claim money, building a more modern and most likely a Mega Stadium. That is in style now 

If they've got coverage on this property and it's contents rebuilding is their privilege and RESPONSIBILITY. Being in that particular location it would be hard to build a "Mega Stadium." And even if they did have that opportunity, it would be their right. It seems like you're once again focused on someone else's money instead of the loss of a part of the facility which they use to reach others for Christ. That's really sad. As I have stated before on these forums, I am no fan of Robert Jeffress, but I know that many people are reached for Christ through the ministry of First Baptist Church Dallas.