• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians with no discernment πŸ˜‡

• Members

During my life as a newborn Christian, I learned, and God has gave me discernment on things, what is proper and not proper. It amazes me how there are brothers in Christ who follow man and traditions being saved and born again. they spend their whole life, jumping From Church to church, looking for the perfect church when we all know that the churches are full of repented sinners and the perfect church will be when Christ comes again. Some are know it all, which we all know perfectly. We all don’t know it all. In the church, there are hypocrites back stabbers, members that wanna control positions and know it all, we need to have the discernment, when we see these things. πŸ˜‡

• Members

Discernment isΒ the ability to perceive, understand, and judge things clearly, especially those that are not obvious or straightforward.

I love those pastors that have the ability to preach and serve correctly. I can immediately tell when there’s a pastor that controls not just the church, but it’s members and everything that is happening in the church. example, if the pastor of the church knows which members are tithing and which ones are not, this is a flag. Another example if you attend the church members meeting and they ask you to vote for something, but your vote really doesn’t count, for the decision was already made. This is a flag. The biggest example will pprobably be those members that are chosen or there’s favoritism on their behalf from the leader, for the members that are yes sir, away, even if it is not correct. These are blind Christians, with no discernment. A good pastor can not be a show off, but humble, and he admits that he’s not perfect and counts on the body of Christ, for their assistance. πŸ˜‡ there’s some good news. There are many good pastors out there, but the bad ones are rapidly catching up.Β 

• Members
18 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Discernment isΒ the ability to perceive, understand, and judge things clearly, especially those that are not obvious or straightforward.

I love those pastors that have the ability to preach and serve correctly. I can immediately tell when there’s a pastor that controls not just the church, but it’s members and everything that is happening in the church. example, if the pastor of the church knows which members are tithing and which ones are not, this is a flag. Another example if you attend the church members meeting and they ask you to vote for something, but your vote really doesn’t count, for the decision was already made. This is a flag. The biggest example will pprobably be those members that are chosen or there’s favoritism on their behalf from the leader, for the members that are yes sir, away, even if it is not correct. These are blind Christians, with no discernment. A good pastor can not be a show off, but humble, and he admits that he’s not perfect and counts on the body of Christ, for their assistance. πŸ˜‡ there’s some good news. There are many good pastors out there, but the bad ones are rapidly catching up.Β 

You consistently post about certain parties catching up with another group but don't back this up with solid, variable statistics.Β 

I agree with some of your points on discernment, especially when it comes to those on tithing and the pastors knowledge of who does and doesn't di so. Also on the voting on issues concerning the church. We are members of a church that will change business meetings around when it comes to his not having the votes though a quorum is there. It's happened to us several times in the past seven years. This is one of the many reasons we have been searching for a new church home. Many churches here in the Bible Belt are swaying, sad to say, but there are some that are still standing firm.Β 

Some need to be sure that the "discernment" that they're using is of God and not just because of conflicted and confused personal opinions.Β 

• 5 months later...
  • Members
On 4/3/2024 at 1:20 PM, TheGloryLand said:

During my life as a newborn Christian, I learned, and God has gave me discernment on things, what is proper and not proper. It amazes me how there are brothers in Christ who follow man and traditions being saved and born again. they spend their whole life, jumping From Church to church, looking for the perfect church when we all know that the churches are full of repented sinners and the perfect church will be when Christ comes again. Some are know it all, which we all know perfectly. We all don’t know it all. In the church, there are hypocrites back stabbers, members that wanna control positions and know it all, we need to have the discernment, when we see these things. πŸ˜‡

Yeah, church hoppers.