• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Textus Receptus Translation Project

• Members

I am posting this anonymously because I have to, due to security concerns in our area of ministry but some of you would recognize me if I posted on my other account here. 

I am an IFB missionary working with a small team to translate the first Bible for the ____ language. We are translating from the Textus Receptus. We are experiencing active persecution from the religion of our people, recently a mob came to one of our church meetings and beat two of our translators and have consistently threatened us. 

We have completed translation work of Chapters 1-3 in John, and are in the final step for John 4, and we have finished the first draft of Chapter 5, we have also finished the first Gospel tract in this language and will be printing soon. 

Sadly, we are now also operating under our needed support level currently, the translation project requires a lot of the support we raised and it goes beyond what I predicted we would need for ministry funds on our first term. The translation project currently has about 6 translators who spend the majority of their time each week on the project (which means time they don’t have to spend working in their gardens and providing food for their families). We also have gasoline we pay to transport the team to the translation site which is about 30 minutes outside of where the team lives. We also have expenses for paper and ink that are used for printing drafts that the team uses for personal checking and community checking, we also have to pay someone outside of the translation team to do an English back translation. As you can imagine, it can add up quickly, right now we are lacking about $300 per month to support this project. 

If you are able to contribute toward this translation, or if you are able to commit to a monthly amount, I know the team would be incredibly thankful.

If your interested or you want more information please send me a private message.