• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Time in Tennessee

• Administrators

For work, I had to go to Murfreesboro, Tennessee for a few days (I wish I had had time to visit some of you Tennessee folks). ? While it is beautiful, and I enjoyed it, it made me really appreciate New England. ? It all comes down to being where God wants you, and I'm thankful it is in Connecticut, which is the basketball capital of the world. ?

BTW, the airport in Murfreesboro has to be one of the tiniest airports around. ✈️

• Members
24 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

For work, I had to go to Murfreesboro, Tennessee for a few days (I wish I had had time to visit some of you Tennessee folks). ? While it is beautiful, and I enjoyed it, it made me really appreciate New England. ? It all comes down to being where God wants you, and I'm thankful it is in Connecticut, which is the basketball capital of the world. ?

BTW, the airport in Murfreesboro has to be one of the tiniest airports around. ✈️

I was born in Hartford Ct. the first time, and the second time also. New Testament Baptist church in East Hartford Ct. year 1987  your future church.? not sure if you’re independent enough.

I am in Florida now. I don’t care for those long winters. ?

• Members
8 hours ago, Pastor Matt said:

Murfreesboro's airport is small, but the one in Shelbyville, just 20 miles or so away is smaller still. It would have been nice to meet you, Brother. We live just outside of Murfreesboro in Bell Buckle. Next time, if possible, let me know. I love Tennessee. I guess it is because I was raised for the first seven years of my life in Southern Indiana where it is very hilly. After that, from the age of seven on I was raised in Illinois which is as flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see. I always hated that. Vivian and I have lived in the Murfreesboro Tennessee area since early 1995 and love it here. 

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Murfreesboro's airport is small, but the one in Shelbyville, just 20 miles or so away is smaller still. It would have been nice to meet you, Brother. We live just outside of Murfreesboro in Bell Buckle. Next time, if possible, let me know. I love Tennessee. I guess it is because I was raised for the first seven years of my life in Southern Indiana where it is very hilly. After that, from the age of seven on I was raised in Illinois which is as flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see. I always hated that. Vivian and I have lived in the Murfreesboro Tennessee area since early 1995 and love it here. 

All that free in bell buckle place’s sounds weird. ?

• Members
On 11/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, Pastor Matt said:

@BrotherTony I actually spent most of my time in collegedale, but stayed at a hotel over in Ringgold Georgia. It was a quick trip, but if I'm back there again I'll definitely let you know

Collegedale? You were right around the corner from my oldest son in Ooltewah and just down the road from me (43 miles) up I-75. How come you didn't fly into Chattanooga. They have a pretty good airport too. Not too big. Easy to navigate. Absolutely let us know when you come back down. 

• Administrators

PXL_20231018_201639906.jpgPXL_20231018_212952035.jpgMy apologies, I got my cities mixed up; I did fly into Chattanooga. I'll attach a picture I took at the airport to show my wife.

I work for Newcomb Spring and was at our Tennessee plant next to the Resurrection Lutheran Church. 

I did eat at Jack's on 317, how come everyone down south talks about biscuits? ?

• Members
41 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

PXL_20231018_201639906.jpgPXL_20231018_212952035.jpgMy apologies, I got my cities mixed up; I did fly into Chattanooga. I'll attach a picture I took at the airport to show my wife.

I work for Newcomb Spring and was at our Tennessee plant next to the Resurrection Lutheran Church. 

I did eat at Jack's on 317, how come everyone down south talks about biscuits? ?

Because biscuits along with cornbread, are staples at dinner time. If those aren't available you might hear someone talking about light bread, which is nothing more than sandwich bread.

1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

Collegedale? You were right around the corner from my oldest son in Ooltewah and just down the road from me (43 miles) up I-75. How come you didn't fly into Chattanooga. They have a pretty good airport too. Not too big. Easy to navigate. Absolutely let us know when you come back down. 

I didn't realize that you lived so close to us. We live up just outside of Murfreesboro Tennessee. We go to Chattanooga occasionally, and we've got to take I 75 when we go home to Augusta, Georgia.

• Members
40 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Because biscuits along with cornbread, are staples at dinner time. If those aren't available you might hear someone talking about light bread, which is nothing more than sandwich bread.

I didn't realize that you lived so close to us. We live up just outside of Murfreesboro Tennessee. We go to Chattanooga occasionally, and we've got to take I 75 when we go home to Augusta, Georgia.

We’re in Athens. Maybe we can meet up some time.