• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Churches are starting to fill up again

• Members

Remembering how Church attendance increase during 911.The war in Israel is doing something similar. I believe people are returning back to church that’s good. Hopefully they listen to the preaching of the gospel for salvation, before they cool off again. Today is the day of salvation.?

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Remembering how Church attendance increase during 911.The war in Israel is doing something similar. I believe people are returning back to church that’s good. Hopefully they listen to the preaching of the gospel for salvation, before they cool off again. Today is the day of salvation.?

I haven't witnessed any increase in church attendance since the unwarranted and dastardly attacks by the Palestinians. In our area of the country church attendance is much the same as it was before the conflict began. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

I haven't witnessed any increase in church attendance since the unwarranted and dastardly attacks by the Palestinians. In our area of the country church attendance is much the same as it was before the conflict began. 

Let us know if there’s any difference in the near future, as the War continues in Israel. All seats should be taken and people standing up. Thanks 

• Members
10 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Let us know if there’s any difference in the near future, as the War continues in Israel. All seats should be taken and people standing up. Thanks 

There won't be any uptick in attendance unless Christians get off their duffs and start evangelizing, discipleing, and building the kingdom. I see many Christians making arguments against Israel and for the Palestinians, including four members of my own family. That's what's sad. And to be honest, Morales, you keep stating that we are living in hard or perilous times. If you look back over the history of the world, you will find that nearly ALL of it has been perilous times with just a few short periods of relative peace. The sky is not falling, my brother, and Christ is still on his throne. His Sovereignty is still in tact.

• Members
59 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

There won't be any uptick in attendance unless Christians get off their duffs and start evangelizing, discipleing, and building the kingdom. I see many Christians making arguments against Israel and for the Palestinians, including four members of my own family. That's what's sad. And to be honest, Morales, you keep stating that we are living in hard or perilous times. If you look back over the history of the world, you will find that nearly ALL of it has been perilous times with just a few short periods of relative peace. The sky is not falling, my brother, and Christ is still on his throne. His Sovereignty is still in tact.

Agree, but don’t forget His judgements. The sky will also be falling, we just can’t see it yet. Like those that are supporting Hamas.

• Members
38 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Agree, but don’t forget His judgements. The sky will also be falling, we just can’t see it yet. Like those that are supporting Hamas.

I believe we're already under judgement for our turning our backs on the Lord. We've gone the way of the ancient Greek and Roman Empires. So, yes, we CAN see the judgement of God upon our country and upon our churches for taking Christ out of his rightful place as the one worthy of worship. He's been replaced by the love of self. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I believe we're already under judgement for our turning our backs on the Lord. We've gone the way of the ancient Greek and Roman Empires. So, yes, we CAN see the judgement of God upon our country and upon our churches for taking Christ out of his rightful place as the one worthy of worship. He's been replaced by the love of self. 

True, but we’re still are living in the Comfort Zone, home, a/c, food, health care, transportation, here in America. Even the homeless here are  living better than elsewhere, if they were living in some places in the world. Freedom of worship is still here.

• Members
7 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

True, but we’re still are living in the Comfort Zone, home, a/c, food, health care, transportation, here in America. Even the homeless here are  living better than elsewhere, if they were living in some places in the world. Freedom of worship is still here.

Though freedom of worship is slowly being erroded by the Biden administration. We didn't have those kinds of attempts under Trump.

• Members
On 10/30/2023 at 4:12 PM, TheGloryLand said:

I hope you are right about church attendance. I remember a one Sunday bump in attendance the Sunday after 911.