• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is the best and worst thing about the state /country you currently are living in?

Pastor Matt

• Members

USA:    

best?   Healing is still possible,  even or especially for the very poor,  the ones who trust Jesus.

worse?  It is not politically correct, nor politically nor medically permitted to introduce healing anywhere the government is in control.  (control seems to be usually by money/profit) ....   

• Administrators

WA state -

Best: the weather is normally very temperate; we are surrounded by mountains, trees, and water - GORGEOUS scenery!; I am able to be with my mom

Worst: the politics in this state are rank, vote-by-mail-fraud; liberal pols in the legislature voting in bills that are absolutely egregious to the state constitution and scripture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Canterbury, New Zealand..

Best:  close to sea, mountains, rivers and lakes .. strong sports teams (Canterbury Crusaders in rugby have one 7 titles in a row against NZ AUS and Pacific teams.)

Gets a good amount of sun.

Worst:  it's a stronghold for liberal govt support.  If it was America it would be a blue state. So there is a lot of political correctness and feminism. 

• Members

I like this thread!

Mississippi:

The worst parts: It's hot, guys. Super hot. Heat index was around 115 for several days here. We aren't used to it being THAT hot. There are too many flies, wasps, tornadoes, hurricanes, and did I mention the heat? Winter is basically most people's fall. It's lacking in beauty. Maybe that's a shallow narrative but not much can be said of the "beauty" here.

The best part: Really, not much lol. Maybe the cost of living? I live in Hattiesburg, so a larger city than most in MS.

If you guys know of a church needing a pastor in a beautiful state like CO, NH, WY, or MT, let me know...!

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Anthony John Thornton said:

If you guys know of a church needing a pastor in a beautiful state like CO, NH, WY, or MT, let me know...!

I know of a small church plant in NH that is looking for a pastor. It's not a full time paid position if that's what you are looking for.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

I know of a small church plant in NH that is looking for a pastor. It's not a full time paid position if that's what you are looking for.

Wow! I seriously would've not guessed that! Believe it or not, the Lord has preemptively given me VA disability. Such an intriguing possibility. What's the church's name?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Anthony John Thornton said:

Wow! I seriously would've not guessed that! Believe it or not, the Lord has preemptively given me VA disability. Such an intriguing possibility. What's the church's name?

I'll shoot you a pm