• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Taking a nap during the church service

• Members

Taking a nap during the church service, is not a sin. It happens, sometimes you might of had a rough night, or a tough day at work, and when you went to church Sunday, you start taking a nap during the service. 

This happened to me, while visiting brother Tony’s preaching one time, just kidding.?

Happy Baby GIF

• Members

Certainly it is not a sin to be worn out or tired and struggling with sleep during a service. I'm sure that happens to all of us at one time or another. Our desire to be at church outweighs our fleshly desire to sleep in or stay at home, but sometimes we lose the battle with sleep, despite our best efforts. However, I will state, if we go to church deliberately with the intent of sleeping or tuning out the sermon in some way, then that is sin. The first position I stated above is an attempt to hear the Word of God and fellowship with other believers, the second position is an attempt to put in a show for some reason with no attempt to honour God or His Word.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Certainly it is not a sin to be worn out or tired and struggling with sleep during a service. I'm sure that happens to all of us at one time or another. Our desire to be at church outweighs our fleshly desire to sleep in or stay at home, but sometimes we lose the battle with sleep, despite our best efforts. However, I will state, if we go to church deliberately with the intent of sleeping or tuning out the sermon in some way, then that is sin. The first position I stated above is an attempt to hear the Word of God and fellowship with other believers, the second position is an attempt to put in a show for some reason with no attempt to honour God or His Word.

These seats feel so comfortable and that air conditioner feels so good.  ? But it is better to stay awake.

• Members
24 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

These seats feel so comfortable and that air conditioner feels so good.  ? But it is better to stay awake.

It's IMPORTANT to stay awake. As Jerry has pointed out in a previous post, if one's major reason for going to church is to get a good snooze,, they need to stay home and listen to Joel Osteen, T.D. Jakes, Joseph Prince, or the like! They probably should be checking out their spiritual condition. ?

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
57 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It's IMPORTANT to stay awake. As Jerry has pointed out in a previous post, if one's major reason for going to church is to get a good snooze,, they need to stay home and listen to Joel Osteen, T.D. Jakes, Joseph Prince, or the like! They probably should be checking out their spiritual condition. ?

If I had the money of these preachers you mentioned above, never mine. ?