• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Book] The Flying Tigers

1Timothy115

• Members

The Flying Tigers, by John Toland, Landmark Books 1963. "The World War II exploits of America's heroic fighter pilots in China. What an excellent book to re-read after nearly 50 years. I recommend you read it during the Memorial Day weekend, a short read of only 158 pages.

• Members

I read, The Flying Tigers, by John Toland, years ago (my copy is currently in my library in the States).

The Flying Tigers is an excellent book and covers the exploits of American pilots, volunters helping the Free Chinese (Chaing Kai-Shek, the Republic of China), fight the Japanese, before, and during, WW2. The pilots were truly heroic and their exploits are still appreciated by the Chinese on Taiwan, the Republic of China.

The commander of the Flying Tigers was General Claire Chenault. General Chennault is still highly respected among the Chinese on Taiwan.

• Members

One of the first books I ever read as a boy, still have the original in my library (40 boxes of books in the garage).  Read it again in my teens but haven't seen it in a while.  Watched again an old movie about them last year if memory serves.  Great book about courageous men.

• Members
8 hours ago, swathdiver said:

One of the first books I ever read as a boy, still have the original in my library (40 boxes of books in the garage).  Read it again in my teens but haven't seen it in a while.  Watched again an old movie about them last year if memory serves.  Great book about courageous men.

For Navy men to like an Army-Air Force story it has to be good!